Cape Tribulation's Nocturnal Wildlife
Experience the magic of Cape Tribulation’s nocturnal wildlife with our Daintree Night Walks and expert guide, Ian Samuels. This 2-hour tour takes you on a journey into the heart of the Daintree Rainforest after dark, offering an unforgettable opportunity to discover the creatures that come to life at night.
Led by Ian, a Wet Tropics accredited biological scientist, you’ll have a chance to see the region’s unique wildlife, including sleeping birds, rainforest dragons, forest mammals like bats and possums, and many species of spiders and insects, as well as beautiful snakes such as amethystine and carpet pythons, and brown tree snakes. With a maximum group size of just 8 people, you’ll have a personalised and intimate experience spotting these incredible creatures.
With a Bachelor of Biological Sciences degree and 20 years of local experience, Ian is the perfect guide to help you discover the intriguing nocturnal world of the Daintree Rainforest.
This tour is ideal for nature lovers and wildlife enthusiasts, as well as anyone seeking an unforgettable adventure in one of the world’s most stunning natural environments.
Owner and guide Ian Samuels belief system is in nature herself. He fell in love with the Daintree well over 20 years ago after graduating with a Bachelor of Biological Sciences degree from James Cook University of Far North Queensland. Ever since he has been educating visitors about one of the world’s ancient places and the importance to protect it.
- 2 hour night walk through ancient old growth rainforest
- Natural bush trails in a private untouched nature preserve
- Nocturnal wildlife spotlighting
- Learn about the forests biological and human history
- Incredible immersion in nature
Your Evening Tour
Embark on a real jungle adventure with our Daintree Night Walks and get exclusive access to pristine old-growth rainforest on a private nature preserve that borders the Daintree National Park. Led by accredited guide Ian Samuels, a biological scientist with 20 years of experience guiding in Cape Tribulation, this holistically interpretive walk takes you along natural bush trails deep in the forest, far from public access boardwalks.
The tour begins with a spotlight demonstration and a lesson on how to spot wildlife without disturbing them, before setting off on a 2-hour journey to explore the nocturnal world of Cape Tribulation’s wildlife. Your guide will aim to spot as much of the area’s nocturnal wildlife as possible, including insects, mammals, reptiles, and amphibians. You will also learn about the forest, how it works, and its indigenous history.
At Daintree Night Walks, we encourage guests to ask as many questions as they wish. Ian loves sharing his knowledge and helping people learn more about this very special place in Australia. This tour is an all-weather event, especially in a rainforest.
Join us for a unique and unforgettable experience, where you can connect with nature and explore the hidden treasures of the Daintree Rainforest after dark.
- Meeting time: 1925 hrs
- Walk starts: 1930 hrs
- Walk ends: 2130 hrs
*Group bookings, or to check unavailable dates, please contact us.
What to bring
- Closed-toe footwear*
- Pack a light rain jacket
- Long trousers/pants (recommended, but not essential)
*Softer rubber soled shoes such as ‘trainers’ do not slip and are quiet, therefore the better choice and also less likely to scare off wildlife.
Know before you go
- For those with no transport in Cape Tribulation the start of the walk is just 20 minutes from Cape Tribulation village centre.
- Heavy boots, nylon or leather soled shoes are not recommended they slip and are destructive to the delicate rainforest soils.
- Tours will only be cancelled by rain or other weather events if the conditions are deemed unsafe.
- Itineraries may be subject to change due to dangerous weather events and unforeseen circumstances.
- Please let us know if you have any mobility restrictions or medical conditions of concern.
- A moderate level of fitness is required for the walking trails.
Cancellation by Customer:
- If you cancel 48 hours or more in advance of departure: 0% fee
- If you cancel within 48 hours of departure: 100% fee
- Unless otherwise stated all refunds will incur a 6% administration fee.
All prices are person unless otherwise stated, are in Australian dollars, are correct at the time of publication & are subject to change without notice.
Terms & Conditions
In addition to the specific terms and conditions outlined above, upon purchase this package is subject to general terms & conditions.