Adelaide – More than just a city
Wildlife, Wineries and Wilderness
Adelaide offers experiences to satisfy every traveller. Take a boat cruise spotting Dolphins or jump into the water and snorkel with Sea Lions. Kangaroo Island waits to be discovered and magnificent whales can be spotted off the Eyre Peninsula.
For those seeking some alternative delights Adelaide is blessed with some of the best vineyards in the Southern Hemisphere.
Hop on a tour to Melbourne along the Great Ocean Road or take an overland adventure to Alice Springs and the Top End, or west through the Nullabor and Margaret River to Perth. There is some awesome Adelaide eco tours to choose from!
- Explore Kangaroo island with an overnight tour
- Wild Dolphin Swim and Watch Cruise from Glenelg
- Explore South Australia the best way – on a mountain bike
- Visiting some of the best wineries in Australia and beautiful countryside
- Explore the Eyre Peninsula if you have time
- Cage Diving with Great White Sharks
- Adelaide has a temperate, Mediterranean-style climate and the best time to visit are the months of February and March, when the weather is pleasant. This is also when Adelaide puts on a number of cultural events which take place in venues around town.
- Adelaide has a growing arts and nightlife scene, embodied in its modern bars, cafés and galleries.
- Head down to the Murray River (Australia’s longest river network) for cruises and water based activities.
- The central district can be explored on foot, but in case you want go further afield, the city enjoys a comprehensive network of trams, buses and trains under the name Adelaide Metro. The network operates a unified ticketing system called the “Metroticket”.