Alice Springs – the Starting Point for many Red Centre Adventures
Located bang in the centre of the Australian continent, Alice Springs is the real outback town. Surrounded by red desert and stunning mountain ranges ‘Alice’ offers an array of experiences for the avid traveller.
Choose from a wide range of Alice Springs eco tours that include day trips to MacDonell Ranges, multi-day tours to Uluru/Kata Tjuta National Park, guided trekking tours between 3 and 16 days. There is also some thrilling experiences that include skydiving and hot air ballooning.
- Join all inclusive multi-day tours into the red desert exploring iconic locations and Aboriginal culture
- An Uluru sunset and sunrise is a must or any venture into the outback
- Explore the impressive ranges and gorges with a day tour from Alice Springs
- Looking for big adventure? Start a guided overland tour to Darwin, Adelaide or even Cairns
- Get a bird’s-eye view of Central Australia with an early morning hot air balloon ride
- Walk the Larapinta Trail, one of Australia’s most spectacular bushwalking & trekking experiences
- Explore the towns thriving arts scene at the Alice Springs Araluen Arts Center
- Check out sunset from Anzac Hill overlooking the town
- Check for events at Earth Sanctuary, especially their Star Gazing and Astronomy Tours
- Some tours can start in Yulara (Ayers Rock Resort/Airport) and end in Alice Springs
- Best time to visit? March to May and September to November offer temperatures between 12 – 30°C (54 – 86°F)