Big, bold and full of contrasts - Experience Australia
With bright blue skies, swathes of pure red deserts, endless white sandy beaches and lush tropical rainforests Australia really is the perfect eco travel destination.
Being the size of a continent the natural diversity is endless. Choose from a huge range of Australia eco travel options to explore it’s wildest places and signature destinations.
Tree Hugger Travel offer the best in eco-certified tourism, the responsible way to travel Down Under with quality tour operators that care for the environment in which they operate.
Australia Eco Travel Highlights
- Snorkel and Dive the Great Barrier Reef in Cairns or Port Douglas
- Watch sunrise over Uluru, a sacred sandstone monolith in the heart of the Red Centre
- Sail the Whitsunday Islands and witness the pure silica sands of Whitehaven Beach
- Explore Fraser Island, the largest sand island on earth with an eco-certified 4×4 adventure tour
- Brush shoulders with huge crocodiles in Australia’s largest National Park, Kakadu
- Experienced Great White Sharks up close and personal in Port Lincoln
Australia Eco Travel Tips
- Look for eco-certification logos identifying responsible operators
- Choose tours with smaller passenger numbers
- Aim to see Australia’s wildlife in the wild, not in zoos or animal parks
- Stay on the walking trails in national parks
- Be a responsible snorkeller and never touch or stand on any reef structures
- Carry a reusable bag and water bottle – avoid single-use plastics
- Become a Global Citizen of the Reef and help protect the Great Barrier Reef