The perfect subtropical Destination
Queensland’s capital city is blessed with idyllic subtropical weather all year round. Boasting award-winning food and wine, a jam-packed events calendar and plenty to explore all over the city, Brisbane is a major destination.
Within one hour of Brisbane are world-class, and often Heritage-listed, national forest and marine parks. To the east is the pristine Moreton Bay Marine Park with some of the world’s largest sand islands, endless beaches and amazing marine life. To the west in the Scenic Rim are numerous national parks with beautiful forests, lakes, valleys, rivers and waterfalls.
Adjoining regions of the Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast are easily accessible making day and overnight excursions a popular choice.
- Experience Moreton Island – visit the third largest sand island in the world with 95% national park and the chance to snorkel it’s famous ship wrecks.
- City Centre Adventures – Riverlife Adventures offer kayaking, rock climbing, abseiling and more right in the city.
- Mount Tamborine’s Canyon Flyer – Australia’s largest, highest and fastest guided zipline tour.
- Enjoy the regions vineyards with a Brisbane Wine Tour.
- Brisbane Greeters are proud and passionate volunteers who are keen to share Brisbane’s stories, show you some great spots and introduce you to their vibrant city.
- Take in the sunset from Wilson Outlook Reserve.
- Enjoy Brisbane’s thriving farmers and artisanal market scene.
- CityCycle bike hire scheme allows you to purchase a casual 24 hour pass for $2, you just need to return the bike to a station within 30 min intervals.
- Want to visit Fraser Island? Limited tours depart Brisbane, for more choice also explore tours departing Noosa.
Traveling to and around Brisbane
- Brisbane International & Domestic Airport: Australia’s third busiest airport catering for more than 22 million passengers annually.
- Airtrain: Connects the international and domestic airport with the city centre in 20 minutes (kids under 14 are free).
- Public Transport: Go Card is a touch-on touch-off system that can be used on the city’s buses, trains, CityCats and ferry services.
- City Loop Bus: For fast inner-city travel available weekdays between 7am and 6pm – more info.
Starting Your Independant Travel in Brisbane
- Greyhound Bus Passes: Hop-on / Hop-off passes to suit your travel needs connecting all major cities in Australia.
- Premier Motor Bus Passes: Cheaper passes connecting Cairns, Brisbane, Sydney and Eden offering one service per day on quality coaches.
- Queensland Rail: Take advantage of value hop-on / Hop-off passes between Brisbane and Cairns (and in reverse) with the comfort of train travel.