Earn Eco-Reward Points Protecting Rainforest
Tree Hugger Travel’s Eco-Rewards Loyalty Programme offers travellers an ethical approach to booking tours and experiences.
Earn an Eco-Rewards Point for every dollar you spend.
Just book eco-tours and experiences with Tree Hugger Travel and earn your ethical rewards.
All tour and experience providers support Tree Hugger Travels ethical approach to booking and arranging travel for the ethical traveller.
How good is that?
Every 750 Eco-Rewards Points funds the purchase of 1000m² of threatened rainforest.
You, our customers, will receive a gift pack and personalised certificate in recognition of the land you have helped to save.
- Booking tours and experiences earns Eco-Rewards Points
- $1 = 1 Eco-Rewards Point.
- Points accumulate over a lifetime
- 750 Eco-Rewards Points fund the purchase of 1000m² of threatened rainforest
- For every multiple of 750 Points an additional 1000m² of threatened rainforest is purchased.
- Keep Booking Tours to keep Saving Rainforest
Recognising Ethical Travellers
We cannot save rainforest without travellers making ethical choices.
When we fund the purchase of rainforest through the World Land Trust we do it in your name.
A beautiful gift pack and certificate of recognition is posted to you wherever you are in the world.
Check out the video of a donation gift pack.
Current Projects We Are Supporting
Currently Tree Hugger Travel is supporting World Land Trust’s Buy an Acre programme in the magnificent Sierra Gorda region of Mexico.
It is Mexico’s richest area for mammal diversity with 131 recorded species including: Black Bear, Neotropical Otter, Porcupine, Kinkajou and Queretaro Pocket Gopher.
Sierra Gorda is also home to all six cat species found in Mexico: Jaguar, Puma, Bobcat, Margay, Ocelot and Jaguarundi.
Over 25 years of habitat protection
World Land Trust (WLT) pioneered the Buy an Acre concept of buying land for conservation, starting in 1989, and has, since then, funded ground-breaking habitat protection for more than 25 years, with an impressive track record of achievements.
World Land Trust and its overseas project partners have been instrumental in the purchase and protection of more than 600,000 acres of tropical forest and other threatened habitats, and together ensure that more than four million acres of land is managed under active protection worldwide.
FAQ's – frequently asked questions ?
By booking your Australian tours and experiences with Tree Hugger Travel. Easy!
No. Eco-Rewards Points cannot be earned on:
- credit card fees, national park fees, fuel levies, taxes and other extras associated with some tours and experiences.
- Hotels and other accommodation but will indicate on listing if included.
- Special offers and discounts but may have a nominated Eco-Rewards value.
- Queensland Rail train tickets and passes earn Eco-Rewards points.
- Premier Motors bus tickets and passes earn Eco-Reward points.
- Greyhound tickets and passes do not earn Eco-Rewards points at this time.
We keep a record of your Eco-Rewards points total until you return to book tours and experiences another time.
We will be in touch to let you know and initiate the donation process that funds the purchase of biologically significant and threatened habitats.
If we are funding more than one project at the time of your donation then yes, you can choose the project.
If we are funding only one project then no.
Ofcourse. We are more than happy to include everyones name too.
We post our World Land Trust gift packs and certificates of recognition worldwide.
Gift packs and certificates of recognition are posted out the month following your tour or travel experience.
If your trip is cancelled, and you are refunded, the Eco-Rewards Points will be annulled.