The Marine Paradise Getaway
Coral Bay is a marine paradise and one of Western Australia’s premier family holiday destinations. Accommodation can be found directly opposite the Ningaloo Reef and its calm bays with coral gardens lie meters from the pristine white sand beach.
The Ningaloo Reef is regarded as one of the last great ocean paradises and Australia’s largest fringing reef system, stretching a colossal 300km containing a bounty of marine creatures.
What attracts international visitors from across the globe is Coral Bay’s magnificent gentle giants of the sea – the whale sharks – alongside manta rays, turtles, fish and humpback whales. There are plenty of Coral Bay eco tours making these once in a lifetime encounters possible.
Want to explore the reef without getting wet? Daily glass bottom boat tours depart from Coral Bay with guides who really explain the heart of the Ningaloo Reef – its eco system, ancient coral formations and how they protect it.
- Enjoy a low level scenic flight with every Lady Elliot Eco Tour and Package
- The best Manta Ray encounters in Australia
- Snorkelling, Glass Bottom Boat Tours and Reef Walks with experienced and passionate ranger guides
- Scuba Divers paradise with over 20 dive sites and large marine life (dive site map link)
- Sunset and Sunrise when staying at least a night on Lady Elliot
- Lady Elliot is only accessible by plane from the Australian main land
- Cheaper packages are available for Hervey Bay and Bundaberg departures
- Combine your Lady Elliot stay with Reef and Rainforest packages including Fraser Island
- Gold Coast and Brisbane Packages also include stays at an exclusive nature eco-retreat in Lamington National Park
- Bird Watchers: Lady Elliot Island now has the second highest diversity of bird species on the Great Barrier Reef
- Manta Rays: Resident Populations (LEI Manta Ray Guide.pdf)
- Green and Loggerhead Sea Turtles: Resident Populations (LEI Sea Turtle Guide.pdf)
- Turtle Nesting and Laying: November > February
- Turtle Hatching: February > April
- Humpback Whale Migration: June > October (LEI Whale Guide.pdf)
- Sea Bird Season: September > April (LEI Bird Guide.pdf)
How to get to Lady Elliot Island
Lady Elliot Island is easily accessible from south-east Queensland. The island has its own airstrip and scenic flight transfers are included with every Lady Elliot Eco Tours Package for day trippers and those staying longer.
Flights operate from the following airports;
- Bundaberg Airport – approx. 30mins
- Hervey Bay (Fraser Coast Airport) – approx. 40mins
- Brisbane (Redcliffe Airport) with accommodation transfers – approx. 80mins
- Gold Coast (Coolangatta Airport) with accommodation transfers – approx. 100mins