Hervey Bay Eco Tours – Australia's Whale Watching Capital
Experience eco-adventures and amazing aquatic action at Hervey Bay, a coastal delight with one of the most protected and stunning coastlines on the eastern seaboard.
A perfect nature lovers staging post, Hervey Bay Eco Tours connects adventures onto World Heritage Listed Fraser Island and flights to the ‘home of the manta-ray’ Lady Elliot Island.
Hervey Bay’s main attraction is it’s annual visitors, Humpback Whales. These gentle giants frequent the calm waters of Platypus Bay offering some of the best whale encounters in the world.
- Humpback Whale Watching July to October – Sensational up close and personal whale interactions (full or half day)
- Dolphin /Marine Life Cruises – running all year round including sunset sails
- Fraser Island – Day and overnight accommodated tours to Fraser Island
- Southern Great Barrier Reef – Lady Elliot Island is an eco-paradise with Manta Rays and Turtles the star of the show
- Walk the historic Urangan Pier or stroll the flat pathways of the beachfront esplanade, dotted with seaside cafes and picnic spots
- Travelling with children? The free water park on the esplanade is great if you have a free day with the kids
- Visit the Cultural centre and Discovery Sphere catching a photo with the giant whale statue.
- Hervey Bay has accommodation to suit all types of travel, from camping and backpacker hostels to hotels and resorts
How to get to Hervey Bay
- Self-Driving: Hervey Bay is a 3½ hour drive north of Brisbane
- Bus Service from Brisbane: Greyhound and Premier Motors offer daily departures (+/- 7 hours)
- Direct Flights: from Brisbane (50 mins) / from Sydney (1 hour 45 mins)