Rainbow Beach – An idyllic coastal community with Big Adventures
Rainbow Beach is nestled between Fraser Island, Great Sandy National Park and the expansive Pacific Ocean offering a plethora of natural attractions.
This small town can be a relaxing beach getaway with endless beaches and blue skies. You will also discover an adventure playground for Scuba Divers to Sky Divers and Dolphin Encounters to Fraser Islands Dingos.
Rainbow Beach is the southern gateway to Fraser Island with fully guided day and overnight tours departing daily.tours and hop-on and hop-off point for tours to Fraser Island with excellent bus connections to Brisbane, and north to Hervey Bay and Bundaberg.
- Carlo Sand Blow’s sunrise/sunset views of Double Island Point, Tin Can Bay and the coloured sands.
- Guided Kayaking tours with wild dolphins at Double Island Point
- Learn to surf Australia’s longest and safest beginner wave offering rides on it’s best days over 1km long!
- World famous scuba diving at Wolf Rock with Grey Nurse Sharks and Pelagic Species
- Humpback Whale Migration: For watching whales from the shoreline between July and October
- Rainbow Beach is a great stop-off if travelling on Greyhound or Premier east coast bus passes
- Fraser Island tours from Noosa can pick-up and drop-off in Rainbow Beach at no extra cost
- Cool Dingo and Fraser Explorer tours can start in Rainbow Beach and end in Hervey Bay
How to get to Rainbow Beach
- Self-Driving: Approx. 2.5 hours drive north of Brisbane Airport via Gympie.
- Bus Services from Brisbane/Noosa (South): Greyhound and Premier Motors offer daily connections
- Bus Services from Hervey Bay (North): Greyhound and Premier Motors offer daily connections