Jungle Surfing Canopy Tours
Zip Lining through Ancient Rainforest
Why we Love Zip Lining in the Daintree!
Ascend to the top of the rainforest powered by a human hamster wheel for the best views, and fun, in the beating heart of the ancient Daintree
The multi award winning Jungle Surfing Zip Lining Tours take you on a unique rainforest journey where your feet don’t touch the ground!
Jungle Surfing is a series of eco-friendly tree platforms and flying fox zipline cables through the canopy of the Daintree Rainforest. The fully guided tours are a memorable mixture of exhilaration and education.
One of Queensland’s “must do” experiences, Jungle Surfing is suitable for all ages from 3 years to 103 years.
Even better, there are twelve tours daily from Cape Tribulation to fit everyones travel plans.
Your tour will include the following highlights;
- 2-hour ziplining jungle tour, from Cape Tribulation
- Surf through the jungle on ziplines of varying lengths and heights
- Learn about the flora and fauna of the rainforest from the knowledgeable guide
- Enjoy great views of the Daintree Rainforest, and the Great Barrier Reef
- Hear about eco-friendly features of this zipline attraction in the UNESCO-listed rainforest
- Transfers to and from your Cape Tribulation accommodation
- Tours last two hours, with over one hour in the rainforest canopy
- Maximum 13 jungle surfers per tour with three guides
- Six eco-friendly tree platforms plus the Human Hamster Wheel
- Interpretive talk on each platform
- Tour fully guided – our expert guides control your speed and flight from every platform
- All equipment provided – harness & helmet
You’ll start with the “Human Hamster Wheel” – harnessing the energy of enthusiastic jungle surfers to hoist riders up to the first tree platform.
Then you’ll glide through the different levels of the canopy, with bird’s eye views over the treetops, down to cascading streams and out to the Great Barrier Reef.
The longest span is over 75 metres and the platforms range from 3.5m to 19.5m high, offering an “up-close and personal” experience with nature at her spectacular best.
The tour is fully guided – three guides to maximum 13 guests – and no experience is necessary.
The guides share their rainforest wit and wisdom with interpretive talks on each platform that also offers incredible photo opportunities.
The team use a unique system to control your flight, making this the only flying fox in the world where you can fly hands-free and carefree. And the flight choice is yours – slow, fast or even upside-down, if you dare!
There are up to 12 tours daily
(except Christmas Day and New Year’s Day)
- Morning: 7.50am, 9.10am, 9.50am, 11.10am
- Afternoon: 12.30pm, 1.50pm, 2.30pm, 3.50pm
- Seasonal: 8.30am, 10.30am, 1.10pm, 3.10pm
Courtesy transfers are included from local Cape Tribulation accommodations.
- Itineraries may be subject to change dependant on weather and other circumstances
- Prices are in Australian Dollars (AU$)
- If you cancel at least 2 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 24 hours of the scheduled departure, there is a 100% cancellation fee.
- Refunds will incur a 10% administration fee
The following Eco-Accreditation from Eco Tourism Australia had been achieved.
- Eco Certified Advanced Ecotourism
Australia’s leading and most innovative ecotourism products, providing an opportunity to learn about the environment with an operator who is committed to achieving best practice when using resources wisely, contributing to the conservation of the environment and helping local communities.
- Climate Action Leader
Businesses have undertaken a set of adaption and emissions reduction strategies and are auditing and measuring their carbon footprint.
[iframe src=”https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g499639-d622348-Reviews-Jungle_Surfing_Canopy_Tours-Cape_Tribulation_Daintree_Region_Queensland.html#REVIEWS” sandbox=”allow-scripts” ]
Where Booking Tours means Saving Rainforest
Tree Hugger Travel invest in rebuilding biodiversity hotspots around the world by funding land acquisition through the highly respected World Land Trust and their projects.
How Do We Do That ?
We fund it with Your travel bookings and our eco-rewards programme.
- Every dollar earns an eco-reward
- For example: Spend $100 ⇢ Earn 100 eco-rewards
- Reaching 750 eco-rewards will enable us to fund the permanent protection of 1/4 Acre of Real Rainforest in Real Places.
- Continue earning and every 750 eco-rewards Tree Hugger Travel will continue protecting.
☆ Recognising Your Contribution ☆
You made this happen and in recognition, You will receive a colourful and informative gift pack by post.
This includes a personalised certificate, information about the project you supported and a letter from World Land Trust thanking you for Your support.
More information? Head to our Eco Rewards Programme page.
BOOK TOURS HERE ♡ PAY NO MORE ♡ SAVE RAINFOREST & WILDLIFE
*opens in new tab connecting to live availability
**multiple tour bookings – send us an enquiry below
Get in touch
Please ask our friendly support team as many questions as you need.
It is possible to make reservations with our personal travel managers.
Please contact us for:
You may also like these eco-tours and experiences
Your Bookings Save Rainforest
Earn Eco-Rewards that fund the purchase of biologically important threatened rainforests around the world.
We partner with the World Land Trust to make this happen and you, our customers, will receive a personalised certificate in recognition of the land you have helped to save.