Kakadu & Arnhem Land Adventure
4 Day Kakadu Waterfalls & Arnhem Land
Why we Love a Kakadu & Arnhem Land Adventure
Short on time but want to see the best of theTop End?
This classic safari uses custom built 4WD vehicles carrying a maximum of just 17 passengers, cruises the Yellow River spotting huge crocodiles and other wildlife, and witnessing ancient Aboriginal rock art.
Your nights are spent in private campsites, cooking over the campfire and marvelling at a million stars over the clear Southern skies. For those seeking creature comforts upgrade to air-conditioned lodge accommodation.
Your tour will include the following highlights;
- Swim in the pristine waterholes of Litchfield National Park
- Spend a day in Arnhem Land with an indigenous guide
- Yellow Waters cruise spotting crocodiles and other wildlife
- Kakadu National Park & Remote 4×4 Tracks
- Witness 20,000 year old indigenous art of Nourlangie and Ubirr
- Professional guide
- Air-conditioned 4WD vehicle
- Yellow Waters Wildlife Cruise
- Camping equipment including permanent tent with beds and mattress
- All linen: pillow & pillowcase, fitted sheet, sleeping bag, towel
- Lodge Accommodation: Twin / Single basis with towel
- 2 Breakfast – 3 Lunch – 2 Dinner
- Drinking water (please provide your own bottle)
Itinerary and Sleeping
This tour offers two styles of accommodation;
- Camping Accommodation is at private campsites offering shared facilities.
Campsites include hot water, flushing toilets and permanent safari tents.
Tents include real beds, all linen, pillow, sleeping bags and towel.
- Lodge accommodation is located at Cooinda Lodge offering Twin or Single Rooms with en-suite bathrooms and air-conditioning.
You will be collected from your Darwin accommodation between 6:00-7.00am for the short journey to beautiful Litchfield National Park.
This park offers the chance to explore stunning waterfalls, spring-fed streams and rugged sandstone escarpments. Discover intriguing cathedral and magnetic termite mounds and swim, hike and explore Florence and Wangi Falls before enjoying a picnic lunch.
After lunch we leave the highway behind and hit the dirt travelling along the Marrakai Road before joining the Old Jim Jim Road taking us deep into Kakadu National Park.
Travelling past billabongs and traversing water crossings brings ample opportunity for wildlife spotting. Arrive at your private campsite complete with comfortable permanent tents or choose to stay in air-conditioned lodge accommodation at Cooinda where we spend the night enjoying dinner and some stargazing.
Awake for breakfast this morning before joining an iconic Yellow Waters Cruise. A must do activity within Kakadu National Park, the award winning Yellow Waters cruise is Aboriginal owned and centres around a spectacular billabong system that is home to some remarkable and diverse wildlife. Spotting crocodiles is only one of the many wildlife viewing opportunities on this unique water system.
Departing camp we travel to nearby Nourlangie Rock. Here you can see how local Aboriginal people lived in this area through changing times. Environmental and social changes are reflected in the rock art and in the ground, where archaeologists have uncovered over 20,000 years of Aboriginal occupation.
After lunch visit the Bowali Visitor Centre, a Gun-djeihmi name for the local area and creek on land owned by the Mirarrclan. See the audio-visual presentations and Marrawuddi Gallery showcasing Aboriginal art by artists from within Kakadu and the wider region.
Later this afternoon we arrive at the culturally significant Aboriginal art site of Ubirr, located within the East Alligator region of the Park. Here you will view a wide range of ancient Aboriginal art which will be interpreted by your guide. Learn the story of the Rainbow Serpent and climb the Nadab Lookout for panoramic views over the floodplain and beyond into Arnhem Land.
After learning about the area, it’s time to pick out a quiet spot to sit while we watch the sun set over the Kakadu escarpment before making the short journey to our private and permanent campsite for the night where you can choose to spend the night in our comfortable permanent tents or your air-conditioned lodge accommodation.
Today, a once in a lifetime experience awaits.
Travelling into remote Western Arnhem Land you will witness Ancient Aboriginal Art brought to life by your indigenous guide at Injalak Hill.
Take in the amazing views across the escarpment before travelling to the Injalak Art Centre where you say goodbye to your Indigenous guide and hello to some amazing art on offer or simply watch the indigenous artists at work.
Travel back into Kakadu National Park before returning to cosmopolitan Darwin and tales of the days adventures whilst reflecting on the profound effect this magical place has on people.
This tour runs seasonally only.
- Departs Darwin:
- 1 May 2019 – 30 September 2019
Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
- 1 October 2019 – 30 October 2019
Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday
- Pick-ups from 6:00am
- 1 May 2019 – 30 September 2019
- Returns Darwin:
- Day 3 approx. 7:00pm
Is this Kakadu & Arnhem Land Adventure tour right for you?
- These tours are active participation based tours, relying on the good will of all passengers to make them a success. This may include your assistance in the preparation of meals, washing up, gathering firewood and loading/unloading vehicles.
Important Tour Information
- Child age: 5-15 years
- Itinerary may change due to cultural reasons, seasonal changes, operational logistics and accessibility.
- Due to limited space on the vehicle please restrict luggage to one day pack and one soft overnight bag/backpack.
- Most additional Dietary Requirements can be catered for – Please ask upon booking.
What to Bring
- Wide brimmed hat, sunscreen, insect repellent
- Sustainable Water bottle/container (at least 1.5 litres)
- Walking shoes/boots
- Toiletries, swim wear, towel
- Comfortable and casual clothing
- Head Torch and Camera
- If you cancel at least 30 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 25% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 15-29 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 14 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100% cancellation fee.
- Unless otherwise stated all refunds will incur a 10% administration fee
We recommend you purchase Travel Insurance which would cover for such things as road closures, flight, bus or other travel cancellations that would contribute to you missing the departure of your tour.
The following Eco-Accreditation from Eco Tourism Australia had been achieved.
- Eco Certified Advanced Ecotourism
Australia’s leading and most innovative ecotourism products, providing an opportunity to learn about the environment with an operator who is committed to achieving best practice when using resources wisely, contributing to the conservation of the environment and helping local communities.
- Climate Action Business
Businesses have undertaken a set of adaption and emissions reduction actions but are not necessarily measuring their carbon footprint.
- Respect Our Culture (ROC)
The Respecting Our Culture (ROC) program encourages the tourism industry to operate in ways that respect and reinforce Indigenous cultural heritage and the living cultures of Indigenous communities.
ROC certified tourism operators are committed to protecting cultural authenticity and integrity, developing sound business practices, environmental protection and acknowledging Indigenous peoples spiritual connection to the land and water.
Where Booking Tours means Saving Rainforest
Tree Hugger Travel invest in rebuilding biodiversity hotspots around the world by funding land acquisition through the highly respected World Land Trust and their projects.
How Do We Do That ?
We fund it with Your travel bookings and our eco-rewards programme.
- Every dollar earns an eco-reward
- For example: Spend $100 ⇢ Earn 100 eco-rewards
- Reaching 750 eco-rewards will enable us to fund the permanent protection of 1/4 Acre of Real Rainforest in Real Places.
- Continue earning and every 750 eco-rewards Tree Hugger Travel will continue protecting.
☆ Recognising Your Contribution ☆
You made this happen and in recognition, You will receive a colourful and informative gift pack by post.
This includes a personalised certificate, information about the project you supported and a letter from World Land Trust thanking you for Your support.
More information? Head to our Eco Rewards Programme page.
BOOK TOURS HERE ♡ PAY NO MORE ♡ SAVE RAINFOREST & WILDLIFE
Darwin > Darwin
Get in touch
Please ask our friendly support team as many questions as you need.
It is possible to make reservations with our personal travel managers.
Please contact us for:
You may also like these eco-tours and experiences
Your Bookings Save Rainforest
Earn Eco-Rewards that fund the purchase of biologically important threatened rainforests around the world.
We partner with the World Land Trust to make this happen and you, our customers, will receive a personalised certificate in recognition of the land you have helped to save.