Kakadu & Litchfield Budget Adventure
3 Day Kakadu & Litchfield Budget Adventure
Why we Love a Kakadu & Litchfield Budget Adventure
This 3 Kakadu & Litchfield Budget Adventure from Darwin offers a value for money Kakadu National Park experience which features wildlife, waterfalls, wetlands and Aboriginal art and culture.
On this Northern Territory tour to Kakadu National Park and Litchfield National Park, you will explore the landscape and waterfalls of the national parks and search for crocodiles and other wildlife on a private billabong cruise in the Mary River Wetlands.
Swim in plunge pools under waterfalls in Litchfield National Park and learn about the Aboriginal Dreamtime from your guide.
Our Kakadu and Litchfield tour stays at private campsites with a mix of swag and basic tents. This tour is perfectly suited for those looking for an Adventure Tour without breaking the bank.
Your tour will include the following highlights;
- Travelling in a small group designed for young and active travellers on a budget
- Spot crocodiles and other wildlife on a Mary River Wetlands Cruise
- Visit the Aboriginal Art site of Ubirr
- Off road driving to the awe inspiring Twin and Jim Jim Falls
- Swim in the clear waterholes and waterfalls of Litchfield National Park
- Emphasis on basic camping with private camps
- Professional guide
- Air-conditioned 4WD vehicle
- Mary River Wildlife Cruise
- Camping equipment including tent and mattress
- 2 Breakfast – 3 Lunch – 2 Dinner
- Drinking water (please provide your own bottle)
Itinerary and Sleeping
Camping Accommodation is at private campsites offering shared facilities.
Campsites include hot water, flushing toilets.
Basic Tents include a mattress.
You will be collected from your Darwin accommodation at approximately 6.30am where our Top End adventure begins as we travel to the Mary River Wetlands for our cruise.
This region is home to over 250 bird species and has the highest concentration of saltwater crocodiles in the Southern Hemisphere. Search for the mighty crocs who rule this waterway, buffalo, birds and other wildlife.
Our entrance to Kakadu National Park is at the South Alligator River, a picturesque location for a picnic lunch. There’s the opportunity to purchase Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Bowali Visitor Centre before our late afternoon arrival at Ubirr.
Here at Ubirr you will view a wide range of ancient Aboriginal art which will be interpreted by your guide. Learn the story of the Rainbow Serpent and climb the Nadab Lookout for panoramic views over the floodplain and beyond into Arnhem Land.
As the day draws to a close we head to our private campsite for dinner and our overnight stay.
This morning the jewels of Kakadu National Park await. After breakfast and departing camp we travel off road to the majestic Twin and Jim Jim Falls* for a day of adventure and exploration.
Travelling into Twin Falls by 4WD track, a boat shuttle and finally a rocky track and boardwalk we will be rewarded by the beauty of this remote waterfall deep within Kakadu National Park.
Afterwards we stay off the beaten track where a walk through monsoon forests and over boulders lead us to Jim Jim Falls. Surrounded by 150 metre cliffs, we spend some time soaking up the natural beauty of this majestic location.
This afternoon we depart Kakadu National Park and travel towards Litchfield National Park where we will stop along the way at our private campsite. Tonight, enjoy a hearty meal with your fellow adventurers.
- Twin Falls boat shuttle service is additional $12.50 paid direct on day
- Twin and Jim Jim Falls may not be accessible between the shoulder periods of May-June and October. During this time we will visit Gunlom Falls, Maguk or the Yurmikmik Region (Motor Car Falls or Boulder Creek)
Enjoy the short journey from your Kakadu & Litchfield Budget Adventure campsite to Litchfield National Park.
Explore the waterfalls, spring-fed streams and rugged sandstone escarpments of Litchfield and discover intriguing cathedral and magnetic termite mounds.
There is plenty time for swimming, hiking and exploring such places like Florence and Wangi Falls* as well as Buley Rockhole.
We return to Darwin in the early evening.
- Wangi Falls may not be accessible due to water levels. More time will be spent at existing sites or an alternative.
This tour runs seasonally only.
- Departs Darwin:
1 May 2019 – 31 October 2019
Daily pick-ups from 6:00am
- Returns Darwin:
Day 3 approx. 5:30pm
Is this Kakadu & Litchfield Budget Adventure right for you?
- These tours are active participation based tours, relying on the good will of all passengers to make them a success. This may include your assistance in the preparation of meals, washing up, gathering firewood and loading/unloading vehicles.
- This tour is perfectly suited for those looking for an Adventure Tour on a budget with like minded youthful travellers and backpackers.
Important Tour Information
- Minimum age: 18 years
- Itinerary may change due to cultural reasons, seasonal changes, operational logistics and accessibility.
- Due to limited space on the vehicle please restrict luggage to one day pack and one soft overnight bag/backpack.
- Most additional Dietary Requirements can be catered for – Please ask upon booking.
- *Twin and Jim Jim Falls may not be accessible between the shoulder periods of May-June and October. During this time we will visit Gunlom Falls, Maguk or the Yurmikmik Region (Motor Car Falls or Boulder Creek).
What to Bring
- Sleeping Bag
- Wide brimmed hat, sunscreen, insect repellent
- Sustainable Water bottle/container (at least 1.5 litres)
- Walking shoes/boots
- Toiletries, swim wear, towel
- Comfortable and casual clothing
- Head Torch and Camera
- If you cancel at least 30 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 25% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 15-29 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 14 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100% cancellation fee.
- Unless otherwise stated all refunds will incur a 10% administration fee
We recommend you purchase Travel Insurance which would cover for such things as road closures, flight, bus or other travel cancellations that would contribute to you missing the departure of your tour.
The following Eco-Accreditation from Eco Tourism Australia had been achieved.
- Eco Certified Advanced Ecotourism
Australia’s leading and most innovative ecotourism products, providing an opportunity to learn about the environment with an operator who is committed to achieving best practice when using resources wisely, contributing to the conservation of the environment and helping local communities.
- Climate Action Business
Businesses have undertaken a set of adaption and emissions reduction actions but are not necessarily measuring their carbon footprint.
- Respect Our Culture (ROC)
The Respecting Our Culture (ROC) program encourages the tourism industry to operate in ways that respect and reinforce Indigenous cultural heritage and the living cultures of Indigenous communities.
ROC certified tourism operators are committed to protecting cultural authenticity and integrity, developing sound business practices, environmental protection and acknowledging Indigenous peoples spiritual connection to the land and water.
Where Booking Tours means Saving Rainforest
Tree Hugger Travel invest in rebuilding biodiversity hotspots around the world by funding land acquisition through the highly respected World Land Trust and their projects.
How Do We Do That ?
We fund it with Your travel bookings and our eco-rewards programme.
- Every dollar earns an eco-reward
- For example: Spend $100 ⇢ Earn 100 eco-rewards
- Reaching 750 eco-rewards will enable us to fund the permanent protection of 1/4 Acre of Real Rainforest in Real Places.
- Continue earning and every 750 eco-rewards Tree Hugger Travel will continue protecting.
☆ Recognising Your Contribution ☆
You made this happen and in recognition, You will receive a colourful and informative gift pack by post.
This includes a personalised certificate, information about the project you supported and a letter from World Land Trust thanking you for Your support.
More information? Head to our Eco Rewards Programme page.
BOOK TOURS HERE ♡ PAY NO MORE ♡ SAVE RAINFOREST & WILDLIFE
Darwin > Darwin
Get in touch
Please ask our friendly support team as many questions as you need.
It is possible to make reservations with our personal travel managers.
Please contact us for:
You may also like these eco-tours and experiences
Your Bookings Save Rainforest
Earn Eco-Rewards that fund the purchase of biologically important threatened rainforests around the world.
We partner with the World Land Trust to make this happen and you, our customers, will receive a personalised certificate in recognition of the land you have helped to save.