Alexander Stewart Eco-Tall Ship
Traditional Tall Ship Sailing Experience
Why we Love Alexander Stewart Eco-Tall Ship
Experience the romance of sail. This magnificent handcrafted timber masterpiece, with all the modern comforts including air-conditioning and nine private cabins is ideal for couples and friends.
Relax on deck or get involved and learn the skills of traditional sailing on this multi award winning Adventure and Eco Tourism experience.
Discover the islands of the Great Barrier Reef including Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet with informative and fun crew.
Your cruise will include the following highlights;
- Great hands on traditional sailing experience
- Comfort of this classic vessel
- Visit Whitehaven Beach & Hill Inlet Look out
- Enjoy Stand up paddle boards
- Snorkel Fringing Coral Reefs
- Small Numbers – only 19 passengers
- Best Destinations including Whitehaven Beach
- Use of Stand up Paddle Boards
- Snorkelling Equipment & Wetsuits
- Freshly prepared meals on-board
- Pre-dinner snacks
- Tea, coffee & tap water
- Fresh Linen for each guest
- Shared Accommodation available
Private Cabin available
- Marine Park Fees
- National Park Fees
Experience the romance of sail. This magniﬁcent handcrafted timber masterpiece, with all the modern comforts including air-conditioning and nine private cabins, is ideal for couples or twin share. Timbers such as Noumean Kauri, Ribbon Maple, Red Cedar, Silky Oak, Tasmanian Blackwood and Oregon give a rich old world feel to the large roomy interiors.
Leave the crowds behind for this intimate eco adventure. Relax on deck or get involved and learn the skills of traditional sailing. Tallship Adventures are renowned for their interpretive guided bushwalks, snorkelling safaris, Indigenous culture, ecology and astronomy.
Discover the islands of the Great Barrier Reef including Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet with our informative and fun Eco Tall Ship Sailing Adventure. Our commitment to sustainable practices helps ensure that the Whitsunday Islands and the Great Barrier Reef stay great for generations to come.
Departs from Abel Point Marina;
- Sunday – Tuesday – Friday
- Departure Time: 8:30am
- Returns: 3:00 – 4:00pm
Check-in: Passengers are encouraged to check in the day prior to travel between 7am-5pm at our Airlie Beach office.
- Meals & Allergies: Most additional Dietary Requirements can be catered for and some may incur a surcharge – Please ask upon booking
- Every guest is issued with an eco-bag to pack their belongings.
These bags are permitted on board only.
- Luggage Storage is offered at WSA’s check-in office at a one off minimal charge.
- BYO alcoholic drinks is allowed on this vessel
- Available Cabin and Sleeping Arrangements;
– Shared single – single bed in a dorm situation
– Private twin – two single beds in a private cabin
– Private double – double bed in a private cabin
- Itineraries may be subject to change dependant on weather and other circumstances
- Prices are in Australian Dollars (AU$)
What to Bring
- BYO drinks on non-licensed vessels (no glass bottles please)
- Beach towel, bathing suit and sunhat
- Practical clothing, footwear & sunscreen (min. 30+)
- If you cancel at least 15 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 14 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Unless otherwise stated all refunds will incur a 10% administration fee
We recommend you purchase Travel Insurance which would cover for such things as Road Closures, flight, bus or tour cancellations.
The following Eco-Accreditation from Eco Tourism Australia had been achieved.
- Eco Certified Advanced Ecotourism
Australia’s leading and most innovative ecotourism products, providing an opportunity to learn about the environment with an operator who is committed to achieving best practice when using resources wisely, contributing to the conservation of the environment and helping local communities.
- Climate Action Business
Businesses have undertaken a set of adaption and emissions reduction actions but are not necessarily measuring their carbon footprint.
Where Booking Tours means Saving Rainforest
Tree Hugger Travel invest in tree planting and rebuilding biodiversity hotspots around the world by funding land acquisition through World Land Trust projects.
How do we do that?
We fund it with your travel bookings and our eco-rewards loyalty programme.
$100 = 100 Eco-Rewards Points
750 points funds the purchase of 1/4 Acre (1000m²) of Real Rainforest in Real Places.
In recognition, you receive a colourful and informative gift pack by post
This includes a personalised certificate and information about the project you supported.
Head to our Eco Rewards Programme page to find out more.
Get in touch
Please ask our friendly support team as many questions as you need.
It is possible to make reservations with our personal travel managers.
Please contact us for:
You may also like these eco-tours and experiences
Your Bookings Save Rainforest
Earn Eco-Rewards that fund the purchase of biologically important threatened rainforests around the world.
We partner with the World Land Trust to make this happen and you, our customers, will receive a personalised certificate in recognition of the land you have helped to save.