Billy Tea Safaris: Premium Daintree Day Tour
Premium Day Tour with Top Guides
Advanced Eco-Tourism Operator Award
Earn Eco-Rewards that protect Real Rainforest
Custom Built Safari Trucks
Departs: Every Day
Visit Cape Tribulation & Emmegen Creek
upto 8-16 passengers
Morning tea - BBQ Lunch - Tropical Fruit Tasting
Why we Love Billy Tea
Billy Tea Safaris is a small locally owned Advanced Eco Accredited Tour Operator, which operates small personalised tours with custom built 4WD vehicles, maximum 16 passengers per vehicle, and your naturalist guides have extensive knowledge of flora, fauna, history of the World Heritage Wet Tropics area and aboriginal culture, which will ensure you day will be a memory of a lifetime.
Your Billy Tea Safari will include the following highlights;
- See crocodiles & birdlife on the 1 hour Daintree River cruise
- Spectacular views where the world-heritage rainforest meets the Great Barrier Reef - recently named the BEST drive in the world!
- Spot rare animals like a Cassowary or a Boyd's Rainforest Dragon
- Walk through the Daintree Rainforest on an elevated boardwalk with our amazing guides and learn about aboriginal culture and rare flora & fauna
- Hand feed wallabies at our exclusive rainforest lunch setting
- Enjoy a huge Billy Tea Aussie BBQ lunch
- Get up close to Eclectus Parrots, baby Crocodiles, Pythons & other native wildlife at our lunch location, animal sanctuary in the rainforest
- Go for a freshwater swim in the rainforest at pristine Emmogen Creek
- Try a traditional Aussie 'Billy Tea' with damper
- Share an exotic local tropical fruit platter
- Spend time at the famous Cape Tribulation Beach enjoy a stroll to the photographers lookout for spectacular views
- Time permitting a tropical fruit ice-cream
- Cable Ferry crossing across the mighty Daintree river
Billy Tea Safari Inclusions
- Naturalist guide
- Courtesy pick-up and return
- Air-conditioned 4WD vehicles
- Daintree River Wildlife Cruise
- Morning Tea
- Delicious BBQ Lunch
- Tropical Fruit Tasting
- National Park Fees
- Daintree National Park Boardwalks
- Daintree River Ferry Crossing
- The ultimate day in the Tropics!
- Small personalised group tour, maximum 16 passengers
Billy Tea Safari Itinerary
We drive north along the magnificent scenic coastal route along the Captain Cook Highway learning about the history of the area and admiring spectacular views of the coastline and the Azure waters of the Coral Sea. Our first stop is at the Majestic Daintree River for Morning Tea (Tea, Coffee & Biscuits) before enjoying an informative guided River Cruise on the Daintree River. Relax and enjoy the splendour only the Daintree can offer as you learn of Estuarine Crocodiles, mangrove forests and endemic wildlife, this is nature at its best!
From here we make our way up over the Alexandra Range and pause for a panoramic view of World Heritage, Wet Tropics, and Tropical Rainforest merging with the azure colours of the Coral Sea. Experience the rainforest intimately on one of our guided elevated National Park Boardwalks. Your experienced guide will take you on a wonderful journey through this ancient rainforest whilst giving you interpretation of flora and fauna and you will have ample time for photographs and questions as we search for the elusive, rare and totally unique Southern Cassowary and other wildlife species within this particular habitat. There are lots of animals in the Daintree you might see on tour.
We now make our way towards Daintree, Cape Tribulation and stop at Lync Haven which is an animal refuge centre where you have the opportunity to hand feed the wallabies, get up close to Eclectus Parrots, Baby Crocodiles, Pythons & other native wildlife enjoy delicious gourmet barbecue lunch with freshly prepared salads in a beautiful rainforest setting restaurant, (we also cater for vegetarians and other dietary requirements upon notification before tour day) enjoy a cold drink from the bar (own cost). Our tour does a little more.
It takes us beyond the famous Daintree Tea Plantation, past spectacular mountains and through spectacular World Heritage Rainforest as we pass Cape Tribulation and continue along the 4WD Bloomfield Track through to pristine Emmagen Creek. Billy Tea Safaris is the only tour operator that goes to this secret Jewel in the Rainforest, and now it is time for a refreshing rainforest stream swim, in crystal clear fresh waters and without the crowds of people.
As you seek fish and turtles in this wonderful Rainforest creek, butterflies and exotic birds in the trees and indulge in a feast of exotic tropical fruits, and enjoy sample a cup of traditional Billy Tea, made in a traditional Australian Billy, all of which enhance the tranquil surroundings. You can also enjoy a wonderful refreshing fresh water swim here in crystal clear waters.
We then make our way to Cape Tribulation Beach after most of the crowds are gone, stroll along the beach and boardwalk to the photographers' platform overlooking the mountains and coast where the 'Rainforest meets the Reef'
Time permitting we stop at Daintree’s hidden secret, the Daintree Ice Cream Factory. Your taste buds will be tantalised with exotic tropical fruit home made ice cream. Sample unique flavours, such as Black Sapote, Soursop, Wattle Seed, Jackfruit, and Coconut just to name a few. All the fruits used to make the ice cream have been locally grown on the property and for $6.00 you can taste up to four different flavours.(price is subject to change without notice) This is cash only no eft-pos.
After a short afternoon refreshment stop, we cross the Daintree River by cable ferry and begin our homeward journey somewhat wiser for our 'Total Rainforest Experience'.
Departures from Cairns city Accommodations;
- Daily from 6.50am
- Returns at approximately 6.30pm
Departures from Northern Beaches Accommodations;
- Daily from 7.20am
- Returns at approximately 6pm
Departures from Port Douglas Accommodations;
Daily from 8.20am
Returns at approximately 5:30pm
Billy Tea Safaris
The following Eco-Accreditation from Eco Tourism Australia had been achieved.
ECO CERTIFIED ADVANCED ECOTOURISM
Australia's leading and most innovative ecotourism products, providing an opportunity to learn about the environment with an operator who is committed to achieving best practice when using resources wisely, contributing to the conservation of the environment and helping local communities.
CLIMATE ACTION BUSINESS
Businesses have undertaken a set of adaption and emissions reduction actions but are not necessarily measuring their carbon footprint.
R.O.C. (RESPECT OUR CULTURE)
ROC Certified businesses are committed to protecting cultural authenticity and integrity, developing sound business practices, environmental protection and acknowledges Indigenous peoples spiritual connection to the land and water.
The Respecting Our Culture program also encourages the tourism industry to operate in ways that respect and reinforce the living cultural heritage and living cultures of Indigenous Communities.
Where Booking Tours means Saving Rainforest
Earn an "Eco-Reward" for every dollar you spend with Tree Hugger Travel.
Eco-rewards are used to fund the purchase of threatened tropical forests worldwide creating nature reserves through our partner the World Land Trust where David Attenborough is it's long standing patron and staunch supporter.
Eco-rewards: 750 is the magic number
Once you have reached 750 eco-rewards ($750 of bookings) Tree Hugger Travel fund the purchase of one thousand square meters of wildlife habitat and you, our customer, will receive a personalised certificate in recognition of the land you have helped to save.
Some tours may have a set number of rewards. For more information check out our "Conservation Projects" page.
Reviews will open in a new tab on the TripAdvisor website.
Please return here to Save Rainforest by Booking Tours.
- Most additional Dietary Requirements can be catered for - Please ask upon booking
- Itineraries may be subject to change dependant on weather and other circumstances
- Prices are in Australian Dollars (AU$)
- Those under 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian
- If you cancel at least 3 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 48 hours of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Unless otherwise stated all refunds will incur a 10% administration fee.