Billy Tea Safaris – Premium Day Tour
Premium Daintree National Park Tour
Why we Love Billy Tea’s Daintree Safari
Billy Tea Safaris operate small personalised tours with custom built 4WD trucks and a maximum of 16 passengers per vehicle.
Their naturalist guides have extensive knowledge of flora, fauna, history of the World Heritage Wet Tropics area and aboriginal culture, which will ensure you day will be a memory of a lifetime.
Your day will include the following highlights;
- See crocodiles & birdlife on the 1 hour Daintree River cruise
- Spectacular views where the world-heritage rainforest meets the Great Barrier Reef – recently named the BEST drive in the world!
- Spot rare animals like a Cassowary or a Boyd’s Rainforest Dragon
- Walk through the Daintree Rainforest on an elevated boardwalk with our amazing guides and learn about aboriginal culture and rare flora & fauna
- Hand feed wallabies at our exclusive rainforest lunch setting
- Enjoy a huge Billy Tea Aussie BBQ lunch
- Get up close to Eclectus Parrots, baby Crocodiles, Pythons & other native wildlife at our lunch location, animal sanctuary in the rainforest
- Go for a freshwater swim in the rainforest at pristine Emmogen Creek
- Try a traditional Aussie ‘Billy Tea’ with damper
- Share an exotic local tropical fruit platter
- Spend time at the famous Cape Tribulation Beach enjoy a stroll to the photographers lookout for spectacular views
- Time permitting a tropical fruit ice-cream
- Cable Ferry crossing across the mighty Daintree river
- Naturalist guide
- Courtesy pick-up and return
- Air-conditioned 4WD vehicles
- Daintree River Wildlife Cruise
- Morning Tea
- Delicious BBQ Lunch
- Tropical Fruit Tasting
- National Park Fees
- Daintree National Park Boardwalks
- Daintree River Ferry Crossing
- The ultimate day in the Tropics!
- Small personalised group tour, maximum 16 passengers
Drive north along the magnificent scenic coastal route along the Captain Cook Highway learning about the history of the area and admiring spectacular views of the coastline and the Azure waters of the Coral Sea.
First stop is at the Majestic Daintree River for Morning Tea (Tea, Coffee & Biscuits) before enjoying an informative guided River Cruise on the Daintree River. Relax and enjoy the splendour only the Daintree can offer as you learn of Estuarine Crocodiles, mangrove forests and endemic wildlife, this is nature at its best!
Travel way up over the Alexandra Range and pause for a panoramic view of World Heritage Tropical Rainforest merging with the turquoise colours of the Grey Barrier Reef.
Experience the rainforest intimately with a guided elevated National Park Boardwalk. Your experienced guide will take you on a wonderful journey through this ancient rainforest whilst giving you interpretation of flora and fauna. There is ample time for photographs and questions as we search for the elusive and rare Southern Cassowary and other unique wildlife.
En-route to Cape Tribulation stop at Lync Haven, an animal refuge centre where you have the opportunity to hand feed the wallabies, get up close to Eclectus Parrots, Baby Crocodiles, Pythons & other native wildlife. This is also our lunch location where we enjoy a delicious gourmet barbecue lunch with freshly prepared salads in the beautiful rainforest setting restaurant.
Pass the Daintree Tea Plantation, spectacular mountains and through World Heritage Rainforest and continue along the 4WD Bloomfield Track through to pristine Emmagen Creek. Billy Tea Safaris is the only tour operator that goes to this secret Jewel in the Rainforest, and now it is time for a refreshing rainforest stream swim, in crystal clear fresh waters and without the crowds of people.
Seek fish and turtles in this wonderful Rainforest creek while also looking up to witness butterflies and exotic birds in the trees.
Enjoy a feast of exotic tropical fruits, and enjoy sample a cup of traditional Billy Tea, made in a traditional Australian Billy, all of which enhance the tranquil surroundings. You can also enjoy a wonderful refreshing fresh water swim here in crystal clear crocodile free waters.
Next stop is Cape Tribulation Beach after most of the crowds are gone. Stroll along the beach and boardwalk to the photographers’ platform overlooking the mountains and coast where the ‘Rainforest meets the Reef’
Time permitting we stop at Daintree’s hidden secret, the Daintree Ice Cream Factory. Your taste buds will be tantalised with exotic tropical fruit home made ice cream.
Sample unique flavours, such as Black Sapote, Soursop, Wattle Seed, Jackfruit, and Coconut just to name a few. All the fruits used to make the ice cream have been locally grown on the property and for $6.00 you can taste up to four different flavours.(price is subject to change without notice)
After a short afternoon refreshment stop, we cross the Daintree River by cable ferry and begin our homeward journey somewhat wiser for our ‘Total Rainforest Experience’.
Departures from Cairns city Accommodations;
- Daily from 6.50am
- Returns at approximately 6.30pm
Departures from Northern Beaches Accommodations;
- Daily from 7.20am
- Returns at approximately 6pm
Departures from Port Douglas Accommodations;
- Daily from 8.20am
- Returns at approximately 5:30pm
- Most additional Dietary Requirements can be catered for – Please ask upon booking
- Itineraries may be subject to change dependant on weather and other circumstances
- Prices are in Australian Dollars (AU$)
- If you cancel at least 3 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 48 hours of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Unless otherwise stated all refunds will incur a 10% administration fee
The following Eco-Accreditation from Eco Tourism Australia had been achieved.
- Eco Certified Advanced Ecotourism
Australia’s leading and most innovative ecotourism products, providing an opportunity to learn about the environment with an operator who is committed to achieving best practice when using resources wisely, contributing to the conservation of the environment and helping local communities.
- Climate Action Business
Businesses have undertaken a set of adaption and emissions reduction actions but are not necessarily measuring their carbon footprint.
- ROC – Respect Our Culture
ROC Certified businesses are committed to protecting cultural authenticity and integrity, developing sound business practices, environmental protection and acknowledges Indigenous peoples spiritual connection to the land and water.
The Respecting Our Culture program also encourages the tourism industry to operate in ways that respect and reinforce the living cultural heritage and living cultures of Indigenous Communities.
Where Booking Tours means Saving Rainforest
We invest in tree planting and rebuilding biodiversity hotspots around the world by funding land acquisition through World Land Trust projects.
How do we do that?
We fund it with your travel bookings and our eco-rewards loyalty programme.
$100 = 100 Eco-Rewards Points
750 points funds the purchase of 1/4 Acre (1000m²) of Real Rainforest in Real Places.
In recognition, you receive a colourful and informative gift pack by post
This includes a personalised certificate and information about the project you supported.
Head to our Eco Rewards Programme page to find out more.
Get in touch
Please ask our friendly support team as many questions as you need.
It is possible to make reservations with our personal travel managers.
Please contact us for:
You may also like these eco-tours and experiences
Your Bookings Save Rainforest
Earn Eco-Rewards that fund the purchase of biologically important threatened rainforests around the world.
We partner with the World Land Trust to make this happen and you, our customers, will receive a personalised certificate in recognition of the land you have helped to save.