Cool Dingo Fraser Island Safari
18-35's All-inclusive Island Adventure
Why we Love a Cool Dingo Fraser Island Safari
Cool Dingo Fraser Island Safari offers 3 full days to explore the largest sand island on the planet!
We love the all-inclusive tag, no cooking involved and fully guided by experienced, and fun, tour guides.
They get the balance right, see the best of Fraser visiting Lake McKenzie, Indian Head and more with like minded travellers.
Then in the evening there is a great social vibe, if you want it, at the Dingo Bar where a buffet dinner is served.
Plenty of food, good guiding and magical locations make this a must.
Your tour will include the following highlights;
- Lake McKenzie & Basin Lake
- SUP at Lake Birrabeen
- Lake Wabby & Hammerstone Sandblow
- Pile Valley
- Eli Creek
- Central Station & Wanggoolba Creek
- Maheno Shipwreck
- The Pinnacles Coloured Sands
- Indian Head
- Champagne Pools
- Eurong Beach Resort
- Use of 4* Kingfisher Bay Resort Facilities in the evening
- 3 days of Guided 4WD Truck Tours
- Experienced & Fun Ranger Guides
- 2 nights Wilderness Lodge accommodation
- Self-service buffet Breakfast & Evening Meal
- Lunch on tour – wraps with salad and meats + snacks
- Tea, coffee and water
- Return ferry transfers
- Pick up & drop of from your local accommodation
- National Park Permit Levy and Fees included
Your guide is a Fraser expert and is passionate about the island. You’ll be whisked off over sand tracks to explore some of the island’s most beautiful, natural spots – but they’ll also wow you with fascinating facts about the island’s history, fauna and flora.
Keep an eye out for dingoes, plus we have more than 354 species of birds, and migrating humpback whales can often be seen off the eastern beach from July to November!
Today we check out some of Fraser’s coolest, sub-tropical inland sights.
A picnic lunch out on tour & buffet dinner back at Kingfisher Bay Resort in the evening.
- Lake McKenzie – with its white sandy beaches and crystal clear waters, picture perfect Lake McKenzie is even prettier than the postcards.
- Central Station – no trains or whistles here – just peaceful, ancient rainforest and the reminders of a former, once bustling logging camp.
- Wanggoolba Creek – walk along the banks of this silent flowing creek with lush green rainforest and rare king ferns… it’s simply breathtaking.
- Pile Valley – check out the giant Satinay trees and imagine their timbers lining the Suez Canal.
- Basin Lake – enjoy a forest walk into beautiful Basin Lake – get up close and personal with the resident freshwater turtles – in this delightful perched dune lake before heading back to Kingfisher Bay Resort.
- The evening is free to socialise at the Dingo Bar where dinner is served. Guests are welcome to use the Kingfisher Bay Resort facilities also.
- Eli Creek – a great spot for a refreshing dip! Float down this fast-flowing freshwater creek – which pours out 80 megalitres of water daily – to the seaside.
- Maheno Shipwreck – washed ashore during a cyclone in 1935, this rusting wreck is one of Fraser Island’s iconic photo stops. You won’t be disappointed.
- The Pinnacles Coloured Sands – With all the colours of the rainbow (well just the reds, oranges, ochres and creams really) these vibrant sand cliffs are another favourite photo stop.
- Indian Head – climb to the top of this rocky headland for awesome island and ocean views… look out for sharks, rays and migrating humpback whales (Jul – Nov).
- Champagne Pools – chill out in these bubbling ocean rock pools, you won’t want to leave!
- Air Fraser offers spectacular scenic flights over the island – book with your guide on tour (extra cost applies)
- Lake Wabby – walk through the forest to beautiful emerald-green Wabby, Fraser’s deepest lake and a favourite swimming hole. It’s so completely different to the rest of the island’s lakes and a real favourite of ours.
- Hammerstone Sandblow – trek over one of Fraser’s vast desert-like sand blows – no wonder it’s the world’s largest sand island – to the beach!
- Eurong Beach Resort – for lunch we head to Eurong for their famous all-you-can-eat lunch buffet.
- Lake Birrabeen – if you loved Lake McKenzie then Birrabeen will allure you with its sparkling clear waters and dazzling white beaches… you won’t be able to resist a dip. We think it’s a great way to finish the tour!
Departs from Hervey Bay & Rainbow Beach;
- Monday – Wednesday – Friday – Saturday
- Departure Time/Pick-ups: Between 7:00-8:00am
- Returns: 6:00 – 7:00pm
- Cool Dingo Fraser Island all inclusive tours are designed for 18-35’s age group and young at heart
- Minimum age: 18 years
- On Day 1 your main luggage will be delivered to the Wilderness Lodge storage area for you to collect in the afternoon.
- Meals & Allergies: Most additional Dietary Requirements can be catered for – Please ask upon booking
- Itineraries may be subject to change dependant on weather and other circumstances
- Additional Nights can be booked while on Island (extending your trip)
- Fraser Island Scenic Flights (available during Day 2, weather and tide permitting)
- Ranger-guided nature walks, slide shows and talks.
- Cool Dingo Tours are all-inclusive but you will need money for drinks at the bar
What to Bring
- Beach towel, bathing suit and sunhat
- Practical clothing, footwear & sunscreen (min. 30+)
- If you cancel at least 3 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 24-48 hours of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 24 hours of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Unless otherwise stated all refunds will incur a 10% administration fee
We recommend you purchase Travel Insurance which would cover for such things as Road Closures, flight, bus or other travel cancellations that would contribute to you missing the departure of your tour.
The following Eco-Accreditation from Eco Tourism Australia had been achieved.
- Eco Certified Advanced Ecotourism
Australia’s leading and most innovative ecotourism products, providing an opportunity to learn about the environment with an operator who is committed to achieving best practice when using resources wisely, contributing to the conservation of the environment and helping local communities.
Where Booking Tours means Saving Rainforest
Tree Hugger Travel invest in rebuilding biodiversity hotspots around the world by funding land acquisition through the highly respected World Land Trust and their projects.
How Do We Do That ?
We fund it with Your travel bookings and our eco-rewards programme.
- Every dollar earns an eco-reward
- For example: Spend $100 ⇢ Earn 100 eco-rewards
- Reaching 750 eco-rewards will enable us to fund the permanent protection of 1/4 Acre of Real Rainforest in Real Places.
- Continue earning and every 750 eco-rewards Tree Hugger Travel will continue protecting.
☆ Recognising Your Contribution ☆
You made this happen and in recognition, You will receive a colourful and informative gift pack by post.
This includes a personalised certificate, information about the project you supported and a letter from World Land Trust thanking you for Your support.
More information? Head to our Eco Rewards Programme page.
BOOK TOURS HERE ♡ PAY NO MORE ♡ SAVE RAINFOREST & WILDLIFE
Pick-up/Drop-off in Hervey Bay
Pick-up/Drop-off in Rainbow Beach
4-Star Resort Hotel Upgrade
Get in touch
Please ask our friendly support team as many questions as you need.
It is possible to make reservations with our personal travel managers.
Please contact us for:
You may also like these eco-tours and experiences
Your Bookings Save Rainforest
Earn Eco-Rewards that fund the purchase of biologically important threatened rainforests around the world.
We partner with the World Land Trust to make this happen and you, our customers, will receive a personalised certificate in recognition of the land you have helped to save.