Drop Bear Adventures Fraser Island
The Leading Fraser Island Experience
Why we Love Drop Bear Adventures
Family owned, operated and even guided! Drop Bear Adventures is everybody’s favourite “tag-along” tour on K’gari – aka Fraser Island.
Guaranteed is passionate guides, quality and organised tented camps, the best on tour food and even saying NO to cheap an easy pasta options. It is all fresh and yummy!
Hard work and great customer service has made Drop Bear Adventures the no.1 Fraser Island attraction on Tripadvisor, and our favourite too!
Drop Bear Adventures are one of many Fraser Island tour company’s offering 4×4 tag-along tours but they are the only one to feature an all inclusive price, with quality camping gear, all linen including sleeping bags, fully automatic 4×4 vehicles and no extra insurance bonds.
Drop Bear family also show a real passion for sustainable tourism and are actively initiating and involved in conservation projects on Fraser.
Your tour will include the following highlights;
- Swim in the crystal clear waters of Lake McKenzie
- Hike into Lake Wabby (a sacred lake)
- Bathe in the bubbling Champage Pools
- The Maheno Ship Wreck
- Float down lazy Eli Creek
- Spot the turtles, sharks and manta rays from Indian Head
- 4×4 driving on beaches and inland tracks
- Walk through towering rainforest
- Collect and taste Wongs – an aboriginal delicacy
- Learn to throw a Boomerang & play a Didgeridoo
- Passionate guide
- Courtesy pick up from your hostel
- Quality Wilderness Base Camp on Fraser
- Pillows, sleeping bags, mattresses and linens
- Warm camp showers
- A camp toilet
- A super tasty pasta free menu (fresh ingredients sourced locally)
- All 4WD vehicles (fully automatic)
- Fuel, insurance and barge transfers
- National Park fees
- Over 21’s can drive
- Driving is optional – drive or be driven if you prefer
- MP3/AUX stereos in each vehicle
- 2 way radios connecting all vehicles
- FREE wet weather upgrade to the Beach House Hostel
- Ice and cool boxes for your beers!!
- FREE photo album upload to Facebook!
- A parting gift from team Drop Bear after your tour
- 06:45am – Pick-ups began in Noosa – watch safety video at HQ
- 08:00am – Travel to Rainbow Beach
- 10:00am – Pick-up Rainbow Beach guests and take ferry to K’gari
- 11:30am – Arrive on Fraser Island
- 12:30pm – Settle into our Wilderness Camp site
- 02:00pm – Explore the islands lakes and beaches
- 06:00pm – Relax on the beach with a beer
- 07:00pm – Enjoy a classic Aussie BBQ
- 08:00am – Leave camp and explore the island’s lakes and beaches
- 12:30pm – Lunch Time and more exploring the island’s lakes and beaches
- 05:30pm – Relax back at camp
- 07:00pm – Yummy dinner – Chicken Stir Fry!
- 08:30am – Say goodbye to camp and enjoy your final day of exploring
- 02:00pm – Pick up your bags from The Beach Camp Eco Retreat and start heading back to the mainland with drop off in Rainbow Beach en-route to Noosa.
Departs Noosa and Rainbow Beach;
- Monday and Friday
- Departure Time: 8:00am (Noosa) or 10:00am (Rainbow Beach)
- Returns: 6:00pm (Noosa) or 3:30pm (Rainbow Beach)
- Itineraries may be subject to change dependant on weather and other circumstances
- Meals & Allergies: Most additional Dietary Requirements can be catered for and some may incur a surcharge – Please ask upon booking
Driving a 4×4 vehicle on Fraser island
4-Wheel-Driving on Fraser Island is heaps of fun and is a top highlight for many of our guests. We take the hassle out of navigating the beach and knowing all the 4WD techniques so all you have to do is follow your guides wheel tracks and simple instructions. All our vehicles are fully automatic and in constant 4WD so you can relax and take in the scenery.
Can I drive on Fraser Island?
- If you have a full/open drivers licence, are over 21 and passed your driving test more than 12 months ago you can drive a Drop Bear 4WD.
- You need to have the Photo ID Card Licence
- If your licence is not written in English or states ‘Drivers Licence’ on it in English you will need to provide an international translation.
- Please note that you cannot drive if you just have only an international translation.
- You must have also your physical licence with you as it is illegal to drive in Queensland without having your original licence.
What to bring?
- Drivers Licence (if you want to drive)
- Reusable Water Bottle (we supply water)
- BYO Alcohol (no glass please it gets bumpy!)
- Beach towel, bathing suit/swimmers, sunhat and sunscreen (30+)
- Jumper & Raincoat (winter months)
- Insect Repellant (Nov-March)
- If you cancel at least 8 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a $50 cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 4 and 7 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 3 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Unless otherwise stated all refunds will incur a 10% administration fee
We recommend you purchase Travel Insurance which would cover for such things as flight, bus or transport cancellations that could cause you to miss your tour.
The following Eco-Accreditation from Eco Tourism Australia had been achieved.
- Nature Tourism Certified
Tourism in a natural area that leaves minimal impact on the environment.
Fraser Dingo Watch @fraserdingowatch
Fraser Island Dingoes are well known for being Australia purest breed of Dingo but did you know that they are endangered and close to extinction?
Australia Dingoes live with the threat of baiting, hunting, inbreeding and government ‘wild dog’ eradication programs.
The team at Drop Bear Adventures are dedicated to Dingo conservation and have teamed up with us Tree Huggers to help your eco travel spend go even further.
For every ticket booked through Tree Hugger Travel, Drop Bear Adventures will donate 10% of all sales each year to Dingo conservation programs supported by Save the Fraser Island Dingo Foundation.
How awesome is that?! Help do you part to take care of mother nature and all her wonderful creatures by booking with Tree Hugger Travel today.
Drop Bear Adventures call themselves eco-warriors and they mean business.
They believe in taking action from grass roots, the basics and it is making all the difference.
Where Booking Tours means Saving Rainforest
Tree Hugger Travel invest in tree planting and rebuilding biodiversity hotspots around the world by funding land acquisition through World Land Trust projects.
How do we do that?
We fund it with your travel bookings and our eco-rewards loyalty programme.
$100 = 100 Eco-Rewards Points
750 points funds the purchase of 1/4 Acre (1000m²) of Real Rainforest in Real Places.
In recognition, you receive a colourful and informative gift pack by post
This includes a personalised certificate and information about the project you supported.
Head to our Eco Rewards Programme page to find out more.
You may also like these eco-tours and experiences
Your Bookings Save Rainforest
Earn Eco-Rewards that fund the purchase of biologically important threatened rainforests around the world.
We partner with the World Land Trust to make this happen and you, our customers, will receive a personalised certificate in recognition of the land you have helped to save.