Litchfield National Park Day Tour
Litchfield National Park Day Tour
Why we Love Litchfield National Park
You will see a landscape that has been formed by water and time with abounding waterfalls, monsoon rainforest, bush walking tracks, swimming holes and amazing Magnetic and Cathedral Termite Mounds.
This is small group travel with a maximum of 27 travellers – Wayoutback Safaris don’t do big buses!
Your tour will include the following highlights;
- A fun and relaxed day enjoying the waterfalls of Litchfield National Park
- Learn about the unique termite mounds found nowhere else
- Looking for native wildlife
- Enjoy a tasty BBQ lunch within Litchfield National Park
- Professional guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Small Group – Max. 27
- BBQ Lunch
- Drinking water (please provide your own bottle)
You will be collected from select Darwin accommodation at approximately 7.00 am and then our adventure begins as we travel towards Litchfield National Park.
Magnetic and Cathedral Termite mounds are plentiful in this region and can stand as high as six metres.
They are an amazing architectural feat containing arches, tunnels and chimneys and we stop to view some of these amazing insect habitats as we make our way into the park.
Once we arrive you will explore waterfalls, spring-fed streams and the rugged sandstone escarpments of Litchfield National Park with opportunities to swim, hike and explore Litchfield’s famous Florence and Wangi Falls*.
Enjoy a tasty BBQ lunch within the park and discover the many rock holes and cascading waterfalls of Buley Rockhole before our early evening arrival back in Darwin.
- Wangi Falls may not be accessible due to water levels. More time will be spent at existing sites or an alternative.
- Departs Darwin:
Daily throughout the year.
Pick-ups from 6:00am
- Returns Darwin:
Important Tour Information
- Child age: 5-15 years
- Itinerary may change due to cultural reasons, seasonal changes, operational logistics and accessibility.
- Most additional Dietary Requirements can be catered for – Please ask upon booking.
What to Bring
- Wide brimmed hat, sunscreen, insect repellent
- Sustainable Water bottle/container
- Walking shoes/boots
- Swim wear, towel
- If you cancel at least 30 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 25% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 15-29 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 14 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100% cancellation fee.
- Unless otherwise stated all refunds will incur a 10% administration fee
We recommend you purchase Travel Insurance which would cover for such things as road closures, flight, bus or other travel cancellations that would contribute to you missing the departure of your tour.
The following Eco-Accreditation from Eco Tourism Australia had been achieved.
- Eco Certified Advanced Ecotourism
Australia’s leading and most innovative ecotourism products, providing an opportunity to learn about the environment with an operator who is committed to achieving best practice when using resources wisely, contributing to the conservation of the environment and helping local communities.
- Climate Action Business
Businesses have undertaken a set of adaption and emissions reduction actions but are not necessarily measuring their carbon footprint.
- Respect Our Culture (ROC)
The Respecting Our Culture (ROC) program encourages the tourism industry to operate in ways that respect and reinforce Indigenous cultural heritage and the living cultures of Indigenous communities.
ROC certified tourism operators are committed to protecting cultural authenticity and integrity, developing sound business practices, environmental protection and acknowledging Indigenous peoples spiritual connection to the land and water.
Where Booking Tours means Saving Rainforest
Tree Hugger Travel invest in rebuilding biodiversity hotspots around the world by funding land acquisition through the highly respected World Land Trust and their projects.
How Do We Do That ?
We fund it with Your travel bookings and our eco-rewards programme.
- Every dollar earns an eco-reward
- For example: Spend $100 ⇢ Earn 100 eco-rewards
- Reaching 750 eco-rewards will enable us to fund the permanent protection of 1/4 Acre of Real Rainforest in Real Places.
- Continue earning and every 750 eco-rewards Tree Hugger Travel will continue protecting.
☆ Recognising Your Contribution ☆
You made this happen and in recognition, You will receive a colourful and informative gift pack by post.
This includes a personalised certificate, information about the project you supported and a letter from World Land Trust thanking you for Your support.
More information? Head to our Eco Rewards Programme page.
BOOK TOURS HERE ♡ PAY NO MORE ♡ SAVE RAINFOREST & WILDLIFE
You may also like these eco-tours and experiences
Your Bookings Save Rainforest
Earn Eco-Rewards that fund the purchase of biologically important threatened rainforests around the world.
We partner with the World Land Trust to make this happen and you, our customers, will receive a personalised certificate in recognition of the land you have helped to save.