Nomads Fraser Island Tag-along
18-35's Fun Tag-along Guided Tour
Why we Love Nomads Fraser Island Tag-alongs
Enjoy a fun, friendly and social adventure with Nomads Fraser Island!
Travel with like minded travellers to the worlds largest sand island, seeing the very best locations, driving your own 4×4 and learning lots about this unique place.
This tour is an 18-35’s experience so expect good times back at the in-house bar and some party games.
Accommodation is comfortabel and located at Eurong BEach resort, perfect for wandering to the ocean at sunset, or sunrise!
There is a choice between quite awesome safari tents, or a small upgrade fee to 6-8 share dorms.
Food is included too meaning there are no nasty exras!
Eurong Beach Resort Accommodation
Nomads Fraser Island Tours guests stay at Eurong Beach Resort. Offering tipi tents or 6 share dorms in motel style apartments and each room has a ensuite bathroom. The resort offers many facilities for guest use however, at the end of the day the best place to unwind is at the Beach Bar, otherwise you can go for a stroll and watch a magical sunset over the Pacific Ocean, or just party with your new found friends.
Your tour will include the following highlights;
- Drive a 4×4 on Fraser Island
- Stay at Eurong Beach Resort
- 75 Mile Beach & Pacific Ocean Views
- Lake McKenzie
- Eli Creek.
- Maheno Shipwreck
- The Pinnacles Coloured Sands
- Indian Head
- Champagne Pools
- Lake Wabby
- Hammerstone Sandblow
- 2 nights at Eurong Beach Resort (Ti-pi tent or 6 share dorm en-suite)
- 4WD Vehicle hire – Drivers 21+ years
- Professional and knowledgeable guide
- Safety briefing held at Nomads Noosa the night prior to the departure
- Meals while on Fraser Island
- Fuel Costs
- Return ferry transfer to the Island
- Local fees
- Fresh Linen
- All Camping Equipment (sleeping bag hire recommended in winter $10)
- Exclusive post tour party at KB’s Bar
- Optional 2 or 3 nights Dorm at Nomads Noosa
Your Nomads Fraser Island tag-along gets underway from Noosa nice and early. Luggage is packed away in storage and at 7:30am you’ll be heading towards Rainbow Beach taking approx. 1.5-2 hours.
Our rainbow beach pick-ups join the tour here.
In Rainbow Beach there is time for a quick coffee break and look-around, collect our food for the 3 days and our awesome 4WD Land-cruisers! We take the ferry from Rainbow Beach and land at Hook Point on the Southern tip of Fraser Island.
Depending on the weather, and the tide your guide will assess whether it is safe to travel on the beach or if we need to select an alternative route to our next destination, Eurong Beach Resort. This is our home for two nights and location for lunch number one.
After lunch we head inland through some amazing rainforest where we can see some of the island’s unique flora and hopefully spot some wildlife too!
Our destination for the afternoon is Lake McKenzie, famous for its clear blue water and sandy beach, covering more than 150 hectares and five meters in depth.
We then drive back through the rainforest on the way to our camp ground at Eurong Beach Resort, where we’ll be arriving in the late afternoon. After a refreshing shower, it’s dinner time and the night is free to explore the rolling pacific ocean, star gaze or party!
Your Nomads Fraser Island tour starts early and we are up again with the sun to make the most of our epic day on Fraser.
After breakfast (continental style with cereals, toasts, spreads and tea/coffee), we drive up to stunning Eli Creek, the largest freshwater creek on the Eastern Coast of the Island.
Eli Creek pumps a massive 80 million litres of water a day into the Pacific Ocean and we take advantage of its power by going for a tranquil ride all the way to the beach.
After spending some quality time at Eli Creek we’ll be heading up to the famous Maheno Shipwreck for awesome photo opportunities.
Next up, we continue north past the Coloured Sands comprising of 72 different colours of sand and to our lunch stop before continuing driving up to Indian Head.
Indian Head is a large rocky headland, which is great for shark spotting and stunning views over the island!
Last stop, and most north-eastern point of our Nomads Fraser Island tour is the Champagne Pools. This is a hugely popular swimming hole with the ocean crashing over the rocks into shallow sandy pools. It can be a spot for fish eagles and even eagle rays breaching in the surf.
After an action-packed day we head back to our home on Fraser, Eurong Beach Resort.
Sadly, it’s the last day of your Nomads Fraser Island tour already, but it is a special one.
After breakfast we travel to Lake Wabby, the deepest lake on Fraser Island at 11.4 meters! The walk to and from Lake Wabby is an adventure in itself as you find yourself up close to nature and experience the beauty of Hammerstone Sandblow.
After lunch, it’s time to leave the island at approximately 2:30pm. A brief stop at Rainbow Beach (drop-offs for those staying in Rainbow Beach) before driving back to Noosa and arriving at around 5pm, just in time for your exclusive post-tour party at KB’s bar with a drink and nibbles!
Departs Noosa and Rainbow Beach;
- Daily in Peak Season (December – March)
- Tuesday – Thursday – Saturday (Low Season Guaranteed)
- Other days may be available on request – please enquire
- Departure Time: 7:30am (Noosa) or 9:30am (Rainbow Beach)
- Returns: 5:00pm (Noosa) or 3:00pm (Rainbow Beach)
- A compulsory pre-tour briefing is held at Nomads Noosa Hostel at 6:00pm the evening prior to the departure of you tour
- Every Passenger must pay $10 cash non-refundable insurance excess reduction fee, OR, a $250pp refundable* cash bond *provided the vehicle has been returned undamaged.
- Open dated bookings – allow a minimum of 7 days notice (10 days in peak season)
- Please be ready at Nomads reception by 6:45am in the morning of departure to the Island
- Meals & Allergies: Most additional Dietary Requirements can be catered for – Please ask upon booking
- Itineraries may be subject to change dependant on weather and other circumstances
Can I drive on Fraser Island?
- If you have a full/open drivers licence, are over 21 and passed your driving test more than 2 years ago you can drive..
- You need to have the Photo ID Card Licence
- If your licence is not written in English or states ‘Drivers Licence’ on it in English you will need to provide an international translation.
- Please note that you cannot drive if you just have only an international translation.
- You must have also your physical licence with you as it is illegal to drive in Queensland without having your original licence.
What to bring?
- Drivers Licence (if you want to drive)
- Reusable Water Bottle (we supply water)
- Beach towel, bathing suit/swimmers, sunhat and sunscreen (30+)
- Jumper & Raincoat (winter months)
- Insect Repellant (Nov-March)
- If you cancel at least 4 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 3 day (72 hours) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Unless otherwise stated all refunds will incur a 10% administration fee
We recommend you purchase Travel Insurance which would cover for such things as flight, bus or transport cancellations that could cause you to miss your tour.
The following Eco-Accreditation from Eco Tourism Australia had been achieved.
- Ecotourism Certified
Tourism in a natural area that offers interesting ways to learn about the environment with an operator that uses resources wisely, contributes to the conservation of the environment and helps local communities
Where Booking Tours means Saving Rainforest
Tree Hugger Travel invest in tree planting and rebuilding biodiversity hotspots around the world by funding land acquisition through World Land Trust projects.
How do we do that?
We fund it with your travel bookings and our eco-rewards loyalty programme.
$100 = 100 Eco-Rewards Points
750 points funds the purchase of 1/4 Acre (1000m²) of Real Rainforest in Real Places.
In recognition, you receive a colourful and informative gift pack by post
This includes a personalised certificate and information about the project you supported.
Head to our Eco Rewards Programme page to find out more.
3 Day 2 Night Tour Only
Tour + 2 Nights @ Noosa Nomads Resort
Tour + 3 Nights @ Noosa Nomads Resort
Get in touch
Please ask our friendly support team as many questions as you need.
It is possible to make reservations with our personal travel managers.
Please contact us for:
You may also like these eco-tours and experiences
Your Bookings Save Rainforest
Earn Eco-Rewards that fund the purchase of biologically important threatened rainforests around the world.
We partner with the World Land Trust to make this happen and you, our customers, will receive a personalised certificate in recognition of the land you have helped to save.