Why we Love Ocean SafariOcean Safari offers an exhilarating ride to the beautiful outer Great Barrier Reef from the stunning and unique UNESCO World Heritage Listed Daintree Coast at Cape Tribulation. The half day Great Barrier Reef tour visits two different snorkel destinations, each with an extraordinary array of marine life and coral species. After a fast 25 minute ride, you are ready to snorkel two fabulous locations at Mackay and Undine Reefs.
Your Ocean Safari half day tour will include the following highlights;
Ocean Safari Inclusions
- Visit two reef sites, Mackay and Undine Reefs
- 2 hours exploring the underwater world and swimming with turtles
- All snorkelling equipment
- Personalised snorkel instruction
- Reef interpretation and eco presentations
- Courtesy bus transfers
Ocean Safari ItineraryCheck-in at the Ocean Safari HQ in the heart of Cape Tribulation surrounded by the Daintree Rainforest. After a reef interpretation we walk 400m through the beautiful forest to the beach where we meet our boat. Your Ocean Safari vessel is based on the original design of a rescue craft and is a rigid inflatable boat driven by 700hp engines, enabling it to race out to our first reef destination in only 25 minutes. We spend two hours snorkelling our two reef locations enjoying some once in a lifetime marine encounters and beautiful coral viewing. We return to the amazing backdrop of the oldest existing rainforest in the world, the Daintree, enjoying some fast and furious fun with our super speedy vessel.
Departs:Ocean Safari departs daily from Cape Tribulation at 9am. In Peak Season there is an additional daily afternoon departure at 1pm. Courtesy pick=ups from Cape Tribulation accommodation is included. (This tour can be added to an overnight Cape Tribulation Tour - See Cairns eco-tours or Port Douglas eco-tours Tours for information.)
Where Booking Tours means Saving Rainforest6% of every tour sale is used to fund the purchase of threatened tropical forests worldwide creating nature reserves through our partner the World Land Trust where David Attenborough is it's long standing patron and staunch supporter. This internationally recognised and highly regarded organisation has been instrumental in the purchase and protection of over 500,000 acres (2 million square km) of tropical forest and other threatened habitats through conservation projects around the globe.
Why is our conservation project so good?The awesome thing about our project is that you become actively involved in the conservation effort too! Funding happens when you book tours through Tree Hugger Travel and every time your cumulative total reaches AU$ 750, We fund the purchase of one thousand square meters of wildlife habitat. You, our customer, made this happen therefore you get to choose which country project to support. With every purchase we make, you, our customer, will receive a personalised certificate of appreciation and beautiful gift pack from the World Land Trust. For more information check out our "Conservation Projects" page.
Ocean SafariThe following Eco-Accreditation from Eco Tourism Australia had been achieved. ECO CERTIFIED ADVANCED ECOTOURISM Australia's leading and most innovative ecotourism products, providing an opportunity to learn about the environment with an operator who is committed to achieving best practice when using resources wisely, contributing to the conservation of the environment and helping local communities. ADDITIONAL ECO-INITIATIVES
- Eye On The Reef: Ocean Safari participates in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority study, “Eye on the Reef “program. This monitoring program is the largest of its kind and relies on a strong relationship between The Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority, marine tourism operators such as ourselves who conduct Great Barrier Reef tours and the reef research community. It is an ongoing exercise in collecting and documenting marine life, water temperatures and coral health. Visit Eye On The Reef.
- Sunsuit/Wetsuit Hire - AU$8
- Prescription Mask Hire - AU$15
- Soft Drinks
- Prices are in Australian Dollars (AU$)
- If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 5% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 2 and 6 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 25% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 24 hours of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Bookings | Prices | Enquiries
Inclusive of all marine park fees and taxes
Child: 2-14 years | Family: 2 Adults - 2 Children
Prices valid to 31st March 2018 and in Australian Dollars (AU$)
Port Douglas is a gem! There is plenty of time to relax on four mile beach and simply kick back. But don't forget all of the awesome reef trips and rainforest adventures too!
More Cairns Tours
Choose from Snorkelling and Diving to Rainforest and Waterfalls. Throw yourself off a Bungy Tower or Raft the Mighty Tully River. Cairns has it all!
Cairns Scuba Diving
Find more Cairns scuba diving options here. Day trips, Liveaboards, Expeditions and an array of PADI dive courses at all levels. Lets dive the reef!