Passions of Paradise Eco Reef Cruise
Cairns' Leading Eco Reef Experience
Why we Love Passions of Paradise
Passions of Paradise offer an unforgettable, highly customer focused tour of the Great Barrier Reef to small groups of like minded guests.
PASSIONS III is a modern, comfortable and efficient sailing catamaran which actually sails back from the Reef.
With a passionate approach to Eco Tourism, Passions of Paradise practice what they preach in being on the forefront of sustainable Reef Tourism and reef education.
Passions of Paradise also assist in real scientific studies and surveys to help the Marine park authorities.
Your Passions of Paradise cruise will include the following highlights;
- Over 4 hours on the Outer Great Barrier Reef
- Visit 2 Unique & Exclusive Reef sites
- Unlimited Snorkelling
- Guided Snorkel Tours
- Intro & Cert Diving (extra cost)
- Interpreted Reef Talks
- Eco-practices and Passionate & Friendly Crew
Passions of Paradise Inclusions
- Two Reef Locations
- Fast & Stylish Catamaran
- Sailing Experience
- High Quality Snorkelling Equipment & Tuition
- Life vests and flotation devices
- Guided Snorkel Tours
- Chef prepared Hot & Cold Buffet Lunch
- Morning & Afternoon Tea
- Eco Certified Marine Naturalist Presentations
Passions of Paradise Itinerary
Following a swift check-in at the Reef Fleet terminal, your Passions of Paradise eco-adventure begins with tea, coffee, and muffins before setting off in a high-speed catamaran.
Along the way, the Passions of Paradise crew will tell you all about your destination, the Great Barrier Reef, and provide the best snorkel techniques and practices.
Before arriving at the reef, your crew will organise all of your snorkelling and diving equipment, and carry out the snorkel and dive briefings.
For snorkelling, access to and from the water is via custom built snorkel platforms at the back of the vessel.
The reef sites are selected for their abundance of marine life and diversity of healthy corals. First time and nervous snorkelers are encouraged to join the Passions of Paradise staff on a guided snorkel excursion.
Introductory dives are available for newcomers to scuba. These are fully guided dives in small groups under the instruction of one of the experienced dive instructors. Certified divers have the opportunity to conduct two dives during the day. All dives are guided in small groups of no more than six, by experienced dive masters.
Then, it’s time for your Passions of Paradise super lunch, prepared by an on-board chef. Get stuck into a hot and cold buffet, which includes fresh local prawns, salads, fresh fruits, breads, and a choice of two hot dishes. Vegetarian and Vegan options are available and any allergy can be catered to with notice. Once lunch is served, you’ll head off to the second exclusive destination.
Snorkel tours will continue at Passions of Paradise second reef location and all divers have the opportunity to take a second dive.
For the journey home the sails up and it’s time to relax on the spacious sun decks as you set sail back to Cairns. Enjoy a cool beverage on deck or head into the air-conditioned saloon for a marine life presentation, where you can ask any questions about the marine life you saw on the Great Barrier Reef.
- Departs Cairns Marina @ 8:00am
- Returns approx. 5:00pm
- Accommodation Pick-ups available at additional cost
Passions of Paradise Awards
The following Eco-Accreditation from Eco Tourism Australia had been achieved.
Eco Certified Advanced Ecotourism
Australia’s leading and most innovative ecotourism products, providing an opportunity to learn about the environment with an operator who is committed to achieving best practice when using resources wisely, contributing to the conservation of the environment and helping local communities.
Climate Action Leader
Businesses have incorporated strategic climate change responses across all relevant levels of business planning and operations. They are measuring and auditing their carbon footprint via a creditable system and have undertaken an advanced level of adaptation, emissions reduction and offsetting and are working towards becoming carbon neutral.
- Passions of Paradise work with the Australian Rainforest Foundation to offset our carbon emissions; last year, we helped plant 1200 trees in the Daintree Rainforest, the oldest surviving rainforest in the world.
- The Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority’s “Eye on the Reef” Program.
- The only 100% AWARE partner in Cairns, donating a portion of every dive certification to Project AWARE, one of the largest marine conservation organisations in the world.
- Support scientific research on sharks and stingrays. Since 2007 Passions of Paradise have donated over $30,000 to the Oceania Chondrichthyan Society.
Where Booking Tours means Saving Rainforest
Earn Eco-Reward Points for every dollar you spend with Tree Hugger Travel.
THT involves customers with our conservation initiative by rewarding those who book tours and packages through our ethical tour agency.
750 Eco-Reward Points will activate a donation to the World Land Trust that will actually fund the purchase of 1/4 Acre (1000 square meters) of Rainforest.
In recognition, our customers will receive a colourful and informative gift pack that also includes a certificate with their name(s) and project they helped support.
Reviews will open in a new tab on the TripAdvisor website. Please return here to Save Rainforest by Booking Tours.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages
- Range of quality merchandise
- Hire of lycra suit: AU$8 (Free of charge in Stinger Season)
- Professional photographs of the day
- $20 Marine Park Fees and Port Authority Levies
- Certified dives include experienced guide and wet suit
- All additional Dietary Requirements can be catered for – Please ask upon booking
- Itineraries may be subject to change dependant on weather and other circumstances
- Prices are in Australian Dollars (AU$)
Medical Information for Divers
You will be required to sign a Waiver Release & Indemnity Deed onboard the vessel.
Some medical conditions may prevent you diving. You will be required to complete a waiver and medical statement prior to diving. If you would answer ‘Yes’ to any of the questions below you will need to consult a doctor and acquire a medical certificate stating that you’re ‘fit to dive’ prior to your dive trip.
- Since completing your last dive medical assessment have you suffered any illness or injury that may affect your ability to dive safely?
- Are you currently suffering any illness or injury?
- Are you currently taking any prescription medication other than the contraceptive pill?
- Is there any other condition, fact or circumstance that may affect your fitness or ability to dive safely?
Flying after diving? We recommend that you do not fly until at least midday the day after your dive trip returns. This will give you 24 hours of surface interval after diving.
- If you cancel at least 14 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 2 and 13 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 24 hours of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Unless otherwise stated all refunds will incur a 10% administration fee.
You may also like these eco-tours and experiences
Your Bookings Save Rainforest
Earn Eco-Rewards that fund the purchase of biologically important threatened rainforests around the world.
We partner with the World Land Trust to make this happen and you, our customers, will receive a personalised certificate in recognition of the land you have helped to save.