Perth to Exmouth Explorer Tour
Accommodated Perth to Exmouth Explorer
Why we Love Perth to Exmouth Explorer Tour
Criss-crossing up ‘n’ back the Western Australian coast is a journey full of highlights and world beating nature experiences.
A Perth to Exmouth Explorer features dramatic scenery from the desert to the sea, wind along hilltops overlooking turquoise surf, ride giant white sand dunes, hike through tiger-striped gorges, and marvel at the graceful sight of local marine life.
Question why chimney-like limestones stick out of the desert at The Pinnacles or how the Stromatolites still exist at Hamelin Bay.
Explore Kalbarri and Karijini National Parks, and have your breath taken away by the underwater worlds of Shark Bay and Ningaloo, before ending each day with a spectacular sunset.
Your tour will include the following highlights;
- Discover the Pinnacles Desert
- Explore the stunning gorges of Kalbarri National Park
- Hike to Natures Window and the Z Bend in Muchinson Gorge
- Experience the closest wild Dolphin encounter in Australia
- Snorkel the Ningaloo Reef at Coral Bay
- Guided tour of Cape Range National Park
- Swim at Turquoise Bay
- Join a swim with Whale Shark tour (approx. season March to August)
- 7 Days Fully Guided Tour
- Nambung National Park (Pinnacles) Entrance
- Sandboarding Jurien Bay
- Kalbarri National Park Entrance
- Monkey Mia Dolphins
- Ningaloo Reef Marine Park
- Vlamingh Head Lighthouse
- Greenough Wildlife Park
- 6 Nights Hostel Accommodation
- 6 Breakfast – 6 Lunch – 6 Dinner
- On-board water
Itinerary and Sleeping
Accommodation is at quality hostels with shared facilities.
- Multi-share dormitories that may be mixed gender
- Private Twin and Double rooms (child must share with adult)
- Single Private Rooms
- Private En-suite Twin & Double Rooms in a Motel possible on request.
Depart Perth on a free-spirited we cruise up the Coral Coast, where ironically it feels like our adventure begins in the desert. Experience pure exhilaration sandboarding, the soaring white sand dunes of Lancelin. Stop at Nambung National Park for a guided tour of The Pinnacles, where ancient limestone spires, jut spookily out of the desert.
It’s then on to Geraldton, a township renown for rock lobster, pearls and shipwrecks, before spending the night in Kalbarri.
- Sandboarding at Jurien Bay included
- Accommodation in Kalbarri
With endless beauty, it’s easy to imagine dinosaurs roaming the ancient interconnecting gorges of Kalbarri National Park. Carved out by the Murchison River and lined with red river gums, the towering cliffs are striped with a blood-red hue and contrast spectacularly with the azure hidden waterholes. Best vantage points are from Natures Window and Z-Bend lookouts or for the ultimate rush there’s the option of abseiling down. Toast the day in Denham, the gateway to Shark Bay.
- Optional Activity: Abseiling in Kalbarri National Park (from $30)
- Accommodation in Monkey Mia
Be blown away by the mysterious creatures of the big blue at Monkey Mia. With over 4000 square kilometres along the seabed, its literally splendour in the seagrass attracting the likes of turtles, whale sharks, bottlenose dolphins and dugongs. The wonder continues with the 3 billion-year-old Stromatolites, creating a carpet-like sculpture beside the sea at Hamelin Pool. Watch the sun sink and the stars come out at Coral Bay.
- Accommodation in Coral Bay
The day is yours to explore paradise on earth at Ningaloo Reef from Coral Bay. You can float the day away, but do remember to put your head under to see an explosion of colour, thanks to the 250 species of coral and over 500 species of fish. For those braver, swim ‘n’ snorkel beside turtles, manta rays, whale sharks and even humpback whales.
Blissfully salty and sandy, we spend a night in Exmouth
- Lunch not included today
- Accommodation in Exmouth
- Optional Activity: Swim with Manta Rays – ½ Day (from $165)
- Optional Activity: Humpback Whale watching – seasonal (from $85)
- Optional Activity: Glass bottom boat cruises (from $37)
- Optional Activity: Snorkel with Whale Sharks – seasonal (from $350)
After breakfast we head to Cape Range National Park, the result of ancient reefs pushing out from under the sea. Known for its contrasting scenery of rugged limestone ranges, deep canyons and beautiful beaches; you’ll spot wildlife such as emus, euros, red kangaroos, bungarras, bustards and a variety of birds.
Take multiple dips at Turquoise Bay, before revelling in the last golden rays setting on the horizon at Vlamingh Head Lighthouse.
- Accommodation in Exmouth
- Optional Activity: Snorkel hire at Turquoise Bay (from $10)
On the road again we head south, so get comfy and switch off as the colour of the outback speeds by. A pit stop in Carnarvon is a no brainer, thanks to supplying the vast majority of Western Australia with prawns, scallops, crabs, fish, fruit and vegetables. For our last night together, we’ll get a taste of real country life, feeding animals, playing farm-hand and listening to local stories under the stars.
- Accommodation on an Australian wheat farm in Carnarvon
Slowly meandering back to Perth, we stop to visit Greenough Wildlife and Bird Park. A wildlife sanctuary promoting conservation and animal rescue; get up close to dingos, emus, orphan kangaroo joeys, saltwater crocodiles, handle lizards and even snakes. Before first drop-offs in town around 6.30pm; take your final selfies, swap contacts with fellow travellers and plot your next adventure…otherwise you’ll want to U-turn and experience it all again.
- Greenough is a privately owned park which rescues & rehabilitates Australian Wildlife and has been for 30 yrs. they have some animals which have been here a long time and always have some which have just moved in. There wildlife rescue promotes a RESCUE, REHABILITATE & RELEASE programme if possible with every animal.
This tour runs seasonal departures.
- Departs Perth:
Tuesday and Friday
Accomodation pick-ups from 7:00am
- Tuesday and Friday
Accomodation pick-ups from 7:00am
- Tuesday and Friday
- Returns Perth:
- Day 7 approx. 7:00pm
Is Perth to Exmouth Explorer right for you?
- To participate in this trip you must be prepared to assist with preparing meals, cleaning dishes, collecting firewood, setting up and packing up camp every day, in all conditions.
- Accomodation on this trip is multi-share that may be mixed gender. It’s a great opportunity to get to know other like-minded people, so embrace it while you can.
However, if you’d prefer not to share, a single/twin/double room supplement is available.
- This is a true overland trip, and the journey is a big part of the experience. On some days of the trip, you will spend several hours driving, often through very sparse areas of desert.
- This trip requires a moderate level of fitness, as it involves a lot of walking, allowing you to really get among nature. Please bring sturdy, comfortable walking shoes and comfortable clothing.
- This trip is designed to give you a fair amount of free time so you can take up optional activities and explore each destination at your own pace.
Important Tour Information
- We recommend pre-booking any optional activities in advance to avoid disappointment, especially around school and public holidays.
- Minimum age: 8 years
- Child fares apply from 8 to 17 years and are only available for private room configuration and must be accompanied by an adult or legal guardian.
- Itinerary may change due to cultural reasons, seasonal changes, operational logistics and accessibility.
- Due to limited space on the vehicle please restrict luggage to one day pack and one soft overnight bag/backpack weighing no more than 15kg.
- Most additional Dietary Requirements can be catered for – Please ask upon booking.
What to Bring
- Wide brimmed hat, sunscreen, insect repellent
- Sustainable Water bottle/container (at least 1.5 litres)
- Walking shoes/boots,
- Toiletries, swim wear, towel
- Head Torch and Camera
- Overnight temperatures during winter can be very cold and temperatures during the Western Australian summer can reach over 40 degrees in the shade. Please be sure to bring adequate clothing for your visit.
- If you cancel at least 30 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 25% cancellation fee or deposit will be lost.
- If you cancel between 15-29 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 14 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100% cancellation fee.
- Unless otherwise stated all refunds will incur a 10% administration fee
We recommend you purchase Travel Insurance which would cover for such things as road closures, flight, bus or other travel cancellations that would contribute to you missing the departure of your tour.
Travel Insurance Requirements
Travel insurance is compulsory for all Adventure Tours Australia trips. It is required that, at a minimum, you are covered for medical expenses including emergency repatriation.
When travelling on a trip, you won’t be permitted to join the group until evidence of travel insurance and the insurance company’s 24 hour emergency contact number has been seen by your leader.
If you have credit card insurance your group leader will require details of the participating insurer/underwriter, the level of coverage, policy number and emergency contact number rather than the bank’s name and credit card details. Please contact your bank for these details prior to arriving in-country.
The following Eco-Accreditation from Eco Tourism Australia had been achieved.
- Climate Action Business
- Respect Our Culture (ROC)
The Respecting Our Culture (ROC) program encourages the tourism industry to operate in ways that respect and reinforce Indigenous cultural heritage and the living cultures of Indigenous communities.
ROC certified tourism operators are committed to protecting cultural authenticity and integrity, developing sound business practices, environmental protection and acknowledging Indigenous peoples spiritual connection to the land and water.
Certified B Corporations
The Intrepid Group (Adventure Tours) has achieved B-Corp accreditation.
Certified B Corporations are businesses that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose. B Corps are accelerating a global culture shift to redefine success in business and build a more inclusive and sustainable economy.
Society’s most challenging problems cannot be solved by government and nonprofits alone. The B Corp community works toward reduced inequality, lower levels of poverty, a healthier environment, stronger communities, and the creation of more high quality jobs with dignity and purpose. By harnessing the power of business, B Corps use profits and growth as a means to a greater end: positive impact for their employees, communities, and the environment.
Learn more about B Corporations here.
The Intrepid Foundation
This tour falls under the Intrepid Travel brand who have set up the Intrepid Foundation, supporting local organisations tackling important community issues all over the world – from conservation and wildlife protection, to education, healthcare and human rights.
To find out more please visit the foundation website: www.theintrepidfoundation.org
Where Booking Tours means Saving Rainforest
Tree Hugger Travel invest in rebuilding biodiversity hotspots around the world by funding land acquisition through the highly respected World Land Trust and their projects.
How Do We Do That ?
We fund it with Your travel bookings and our eco-rewards programme.
- Every dollar earns an eco-reward
- For example: Spend $100 ⇢ Earn 100 eco-rewards
- Reaching 750 eco-rewards will enable us to fund the permanent protection of 1/4 Acre of Real Rainforest in Real Places.
- Continue earning and every 750 eco-rewards Tree Hugger Travel will continue protecting.
☆ Recognising Your Contribution ☆
You made this happen and in recognition, You will receive a colourful and informative gift pack by post.
This includes a personalised certificate, information about the project you supported and a letter from World Land Trust thanking you for Your support.
More information? Head to our Eco Rewards Programme page.
BOOK TOURS HERE ♡ PAY NO MORE ♡ SAVE RAINFOREST & WILDLIFE
Perth > Perth
Get in touch
Please ask our friendly support team as many questions as you need.
It is possible to make reservations with our personal travel managers.
Please contact us for:
You may also like these eco-tours and experiences
Your Bookings Save Rainforest
Earn Eco-Rewards that fund the purchase of biologically important threatened rainforests around the world.
We partner with the World Land Trust to make this happen and you, our customers, will receive a personalised certificate in recognition of the land you have helped to save.