Red Centre Budget Adventure
18-35's best of the Red Centre Tour
Why we Love a Red Centre Budget Adventure
See Australia’s famous icons Uluru, Kata Tjuta and Kings Canyon. In true Ozzy fashion camp around the camp fire in a traditional swag underneath a night sky filled with a billion stars.
Although a budget friendly tour, Wayoutback Safaris still offer a quality red centre experience in private campsites with showers under hot water generated from a wood burner.
Your tour will include the following highlights;
- Uluru Sunrise and Sunset
- Kata Tjuta (the Olgas)
- Kings Canyon
- Get the classic outback experience
- Sleep under the stars in a traditional Aussie swag
- Optional Field of Light experience at UIuru
- Professional guide
- Travel in an air-conditioned minibus
- Camping equipment including swag
- Drinking water
- 2 Breakfast – 3 Lunch – 2 Dinner
It’s an early rise if you are joining us in Alice Springs where you will make the journey to Ayers Rock and meet our fellow travellers joining us there.
This afternoon embark on an interpretive walk at the base of Uluru. The Cultural Centre is impressive and well worth a visit before watching the ever changing colours of Uluru at sunset. After dinner, some stories and stargazing, it’s time for a good night’s rest at our private campsite before another active day tomorrow.
After dinner this evening, you may choose to view the *Field of Light art installation (optional and additional expense – see below).
Your guide will wake you bright and early to experience a mesmerising Uluru sunrise, early mornings being such a magical time in the desert.
Then it’s a short drive to Kata Tjuta (the Olgas), an aboriginal word for “many heads”, to explore its domes of which there are 36 in total.
Pull on your hiking boots and take the Valley of the Winds walk through creek beds, domes and beautiful wilderness.
After lunch, it’s farewell to Uluru – Kata Tjuta National Park as we travel to Kings Creek Station to spend the night at our private camp.
This morning we enter the Watarrka (Kings Canyon) National Park, home of a mighty chasm with sheer red rock faces which soar over 100 metres above lush palm forests.
The rim of Kings Canyon is a 6km round trip walk and you will visit the Amphitheatre, Lost City and tranquil Garden of Eden.
After our final meal together we begin our journey back to Alice Springs arriving in the late afternoon.
*Field Of Light option on day 1
After being collected from a location close to your campsite you will be transferred to the Field of Light. Enjoy a walk through this incredible light display at your own pace before being transferred back to our campsite. The exhibition, aptly named Tili Wiru Tjuta Nyakutjaku or ‘looking at lots of beautiful lights’ in local Pitjantjatjara is Bruce Munro’s largest work to date. Overwhelming in size, covering more than seven football fields, it invites immersion in its fantasy garden of 50,000 spindles of light, the stems breathing and swaying through a sympathetic desert spectrum of ochre, deep violet, blue and gentle white.
We highly recommend booking your Field of Light experience in advance as this does book out – please let us know at time of booking this tour to reserve.
- Departs: Alice Springs Daily from 4:45am
- Returns: Alice Springs approx. 6:00pm (Day 3)
- Optional Starting Point in Yulara:
- Pick-up Ayers Rock Resort or Airport at approximately 1:00pm*
- Tour fishes in Alice Springs
*Pick-up times are seasonal and depend on flight schedules
Important Tour Information
- Minimum age: 18 years
- This trip requires a sleeping bag
- Camping is in swags on this tour. For guests requiring a twin share tent on site there is a $60 per person hire fee payable direct on date of travel. Tents must be requested prior to departure.
- These tours are active participation based tours, relying on the good will of all passengers to make them a success. This may include your assistance in the preparation of meals, washing up, gathering firewood and loading/unloading vehicles.
- Itinerary may change due to cultural reasons, seasonal changes, operational logistics and accessibility.
- Kings Canyon Rim Walk requires you to carry 3 litres of water – please consider bringing a large reusable water container.
- Due to limited space on the vehicle please restrict luggage to one day pack and one soft overnight bag/backpack.
- Most additional Dietary Requirements can be catered for – Please ask upon booking.
- Please note that the Field of Light departure time can vary depending on the time of the year, however it is scheduled after dinner and can be quite late.
Passengers Joining Tour in Yulara (Ayers Rock Resort)
- We recommend guests arrive on the Jetstar or Virgin Australia flights into Yulara if joining the tour on the same day.
- Clients joining at Ayers Rock airport or resort will do so after lunch and therefore is not included. Please ensure you have had lunch prior to your collection as we will be travelling straight to Uluru Kata Tjuta National Park to start the afternoon’s sightseeing.
- If commencing at Ayers Rock please ensure you have one day pack and a soft overnight bag/backpack with the items you require for the 3 days packed inside as your large luggage will be stored in the vehicle/trailer and will not be accessible during this time.
What to Bring
- Wide brimmed hat, sunscreen, insect repellent
- Sustainable Water bottle/container (at least 1.5 litres)
- Walking shoes/boots,
- Sleeping bag (Hire/Purchase – please enquire)
- Toiletries, swim wear, towel
- Comfortable and casual clothing
- Head Torch and Camera
- If you cancel at least 30 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 25% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 15-29 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 14 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100% cancellation fee.
- Unless otherwise stated all refunds will incur a 10% administration fee
We recommend you purchase Travel Insurance which would cover for such things as road closures, flight, bus or other travel cancellations that would contribute to you missing the departure of your tour.
The following Eco-Accreditation from Eco Tourism Australia had been achieved.
- Eco Certified Advanced Ecotourism
Australia’s leading and most innovative ecotourism products, providing an opportunity to learn about the environment with an operator who is committed to achieving best practice when using resources wisely, contributing to the conservation of the environment and helping local communities.
- Climate Action Business
Businesses have undertaken a set of adaption and emissions reduction actions but are not necessarily measuring their carbon footprint.
- Respect Our Culture (ROC)
The Respecting Our Culture (ROC) program encourages the tourism industry to operate in ways that respect and reinforce Indigenous cultural heritage and the living cultures of Indigenous communities.
ROC certified tourism operators are committed to protecting cultural authenticity and integrity, developing sound business practices, environmental protection and acknowledging Indigenous peoples spiritual connection to the land and water.
Where Booking Tours means Saving Rainforest
Tree Hugger Travel invest in rebuilding biodiversity hotspots around the world by funding land acquisition through the highly respected World Land Trust and their projects.
How Do We Do That ?
We fund it with Your travel bookings and our eco-rewards programme.
- Every dollar earns an eco-reward
- For example: Spend $100 ⇢ Earn 100 eco-rewards
- Reaching 750 eco-rewards will enable us to fund the permanent protection of 1/4 Acre of Real Rainforest in Real Places.
- Continue earning and every 750 eco-rewards Tree Hugger Travel will continue protecting.
☆ Recognising Your Contribution ☆
You made this happen and in recognition, You will receive a colourful and informative gift pack by post.
This includes a personalised certificate, information about the project you supported and a letter from World Land Trust thanking you for Your support.
More information? Head to our Eco Rewards Programme page.
BOOK TOURS HERE ♡ PAY NO MORE ♡ SAVE RAINFOREST & WILDLIFE
Pick-up/Drop-off on Hervey Bay
Get in touch
Please ask our friendly support team as many questions as you need.
It is possible to make reservations with our personal travel managers.
Please contact us for:
You may also like these eco-tours and experiences
Rock the Centre on a Budget
3 Day 2 Night
4WD Red Centre Safari
3 Day 2 Night
Small Group 4WD Explorer
4 Day 3 Night
Your Bookings Save Rainforest
Earn Eco-Rewards that fund the purchase of biologically important threatened rainforests around the world.
We partner with the World Land Trust to make this happen and you, our customers, will receive a personalised certificate in recognition of the land you have helped to save.