Reef Quest - Outer Reef Cruise
Super Fast Reef Quest
Why we Love a day on ReefQuest
Reef Quest is a great new vessel maximising time on the Great Barrier Reef with a journey time of only 90 minutes. With a choice of 17 exclusive moorings the skipper picks the best two of the day for upto 5 hours to snorkel and scuba dive the beauty that is the coral reef.
Your cruise will include the following highlights;
- upto 5 hours on the Reef
- Visit 2 Outer Great Barrier Reefs
- Certified Scuba Diving (Up to 3 Guided or Self Guided Dives)
- Unlimited Snorkelling
- Introductory Scuba Diving
- Guided Snorkel Tours
- Return cruise on the luxury new vessel
- 5 Hours Outer Great Barrier Reef
- SCUBA / Snorkel equipment
- Wetsuit / Stinger suit
- Guided snorkel tours
- Tropical buffet lunch
- Fresh chilled water
- Tea & coffee
- 2 of 17 reef locations daily
- Prescription masks
Reef Quest is a brand new luxury vessel that was introduced to The Great Barrier Reef for the 2016 season and is fully equipped with modern state of the art facilities. Our passengers are provided with unrivalled comfort as we visit some of the best dive and snorkel locations on the Outer Great Barrier Reef at Norman, Saxon and Hastings Reefs.
These reefs are approximately 70km offshore. These unique sites offer superb coral formations and an abundance of coral and marine life! Come on board as we visits two different reef locations, where our passengers have the opportunity to swim amongst the underwater locals, including inquisitive Nemos, Turtles, Stingrays and Wally the friendly Maori Wrasse.
Your cruise allows over four hours to explore the Outer Great Barrier Reef, offering quality diving and snorkelling experiences, value for money, and most importantly incredible memories that will last a lifetime!
Your cruise offers a light Morning Tea, Tropical Buffet Lunch with a selection of cold meats, salads and fruits and complimentary tea, coffee and chilled water are available throughout the day.
- Departs Daily from Cairns Marina C-finger @ 8:30am
- Returns approx. 4:30pm
The following Eco-Accreditation from Eco Tourism Australia had been achieved.
- Eco Certified Advanced Ecotourism
Australia’s leading and most innovative ecotourism products, providing an opportunity to learn about the environment with an operator who is committed to achieving best practice when using resources wisely, contributing to the conservation of the environment and helping local communities.
More Ecotourism & Conservation Programmes
- Project AWARE Foundation, the dive industry’s leading non-profit environmental organisation, launched the Go ECO campaign into the Asia Pacific region in 2005. The main objective of Go ECO is for dive centres to minimise their impact on the aquatic ecosystem whilst contributing to environmental, economic and cultural conservation. Dive centres are required to meet best practice environmental guidelines and commit to the Project AWARE Go ECO philosophy. Divers Den (Reef Quest) was awarded, and maintained, a Project AWARE Go ECO Operator status since 2006.
Where Booking Tours means Saving Rainforest
We help the World Land Trust purchase threatened rainforests around the world and turn them into officially protected nature reserves.
How? Just by You booking tours and travel here through our unique Eco-Rewards programme.
Earn Eco-Reward Loyalty Points for every dollar you spend with Tree Hugger Travel.
750 Eco-Reward Points will activate a donation to the World Land Trust that will actually fund the purchase of 1/4 Acre (1000 square meters) of Rainforest.
In recognition, our customers will receive a colourful and informative giftpack that also includes a certificate with their name(s) and project they helped support.
For more information click here.
Reviews will open in a new tab on the TripAdvisor website.
Please return here to Save Rainforest by Booking Tours.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Certified Scuba Diving Full Gear Options:
- Cert Diver – Full Gear 2 dives – AU$70
- Cert Diver – Full Gear 3 dives – AU$90
Certified Scuba Diving Tanks & Weights only Options:
- Cert Diver – 2 dives – AU$40
- Cert Diver – 3 dives – AU$60
Introductory Scuba Diving – no experience necessary:
- Intro Diver – Full Gear 1st dive – AU$70
- Intro Diver – Full Gear 2nd dive – AU$50
- Intro Diver – Full Gear 2nd dive – AU$30
- Certified Diver Guides: $15 per person per dive
- Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages
- Range of quality merchandise
- Professional photos of the day
- $20 Marine Park Fees and Port Authority Levies
- Most additional Dietary Requirements can be catered for – Please ask upon booking
- Itineraries may be subject to change dependant on weather and other circumstances
- Prices are in Australian Dollars (AU$)
Scuba Divers Medical Info
You will be required to sign a Waiver Release & Indemnity Deed onboard the vessel.
Some medical conditions may prevent you diving. You will be required to complete a waiver and medical statement prior to diving. If you would answer ‘Yes’ to any of the questions below you will need to consult a doctor and acquire a medical certificate stating that you’re ‘fit to dive’ prior to your dive trip.
- Since completing your last dive medical assessment have you suffered any illness or injury that may affect your ability to dive safely?
- Are you currently suffering any illness or injury?
- Are you currently taking any prescription medication other than the contraceptive pill?
- Is there any other condition, fact or circumstance that may affect your fitness or ability to dive safely?
Flying after diving? We recommend that you do not fly until at least midday the day after your dive trip returns. This will give you 24 hours of surface interval after diving.
- If you cancel at least 3 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 48 hours of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Pre-booked scuba divers that fail the onboard medical questionnaire are NOT entitled to a refund.
- All refunds will incur a 15% service/administration fee
Snorkelling & Diving Prices
Get in touch
Please ask our friendly support team as many questions as you need.
It is possible to make reservations with our personal travel managers.
Please contact us for:
- Special requirements or interests
- Holiday packages
- Group or family bookings.
You may also like these eco-tours and experiences
Your Bookings Save Rainforest
Earn Eco-Rewards that fund the purchase of biologically important threatened rainforests around the world.
We partner with the World Land Trust to make this happen and you, our customers, will receive a personalised certificate in recognition of the land you have helped to save.