Silverswift - Premium Dive & Snorkel
Best Snorkel & Dive Sites
Advanced Eco-Tourism Operator Award
Earn Eco-Rewards that protect Real Rainforest
Visit 3 Different Reef Locations
Thetford, Milln, Flynn and/or Pellowe Reefs
upto 80 passengers (capacity 140)
All equipment including lycra suit
Breakfast, Lunch & Afternoon Tea
Why we Love Silverswift
Enjoy an experience of a lifetime at the Great Barrier Reef in the superb style and comfort of Silverswift, a luxury 29 metres catamaran custom-designed for small groups of adventure minded people to revel in the thrill of scuba diving and snorkelling adventures.
Silverswift is all about less people, the best reef destinations, and an experienced and knowledgeable crew who know the reef like the locals they are. You'll explore spectacular coral formations and underwater gardens awash with vibrantly coloured marine creatures as you visit three different outer reef sites at Flynn, Pellowe, Milln and/or Thetford Reefs. Locations vary with the day's conditions however each site is chosen for visual impact, ecological diversity and the challenge of discovery!
Your Silverswift cruise will include the following highlights;
- Spend over 5 hours on the Outer Great Barrier Reef
- Visit 3 Unique & Exclusive Reef sites
- Silverswift has 19 permits across Thetford, Milln, Flynn and Pellowe Reefs
- Unlimited Adventure Snorkelling
- Guided Snorkel Tours
- Introductory and Certified Scuba Diving
- Return Silverswift cruise from Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal
- Scrumptious morning tea including focaccias and muffin cakes on boarding, Afternoon tea cakes, cheese & biscuits.
- Hot and cold tropical buffet lunch.
- Reef Interpretation.
- Snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel and fins).
- Guided Snorkel Tour
- Snorkel brief at each site.
- Qualified lifeguard supervision.
- Equipment for divers provided, including wetsuit.
- Experienced Guides for certified divers
- Hot freshwater showers.
- Prescription masks available at no additional cost.
- Lycra suits included
- 7.30am: check-in at the Reef Fleet Terminal at the Silverswift Counter collecting your boarding passes.
Vessel boarding commences at 8.15am with complimentary morning tea/breakfast served.
- 8.30am: we depart the marina heading to the Outer Great Barrier Reef.
On the outward journey, certified and introductory dive briefings begin.
- 9.50am: we arrive at first reef location. Divers gear up, while snorkellers' site briefing begins.
Get ready to view the beauty of this natural wonder!
- 11.15am:Silverswift departs for second reef location.
There is an option for introductory divers and certified divers to do a second dive.
Snorkellers site briefing.
- 12.30pm: Lunch Time. A tropical hot and cold buffet lunch served in the air conditioned cabin.
- 1.40pm: Silverswift departs for third reef location.
Snorkellers are once again briefed as to the best areas to snorkel.
Guided Snorkel Tour
Option for certified divers to do a third dive or second introductory dive.
- 2.15pm: Afternoon tea served.
- 3.00pm: All passengers board vessel for final passenger count and Silverswift commences return journey to Cairns arriving at the Cairns marina approximately 4.30pm.
- Departs Daily: 8:30am
- Returns approx. 4:30pm
- Accommodation transfers can be arranged at an additional cost
The following Eco-Accreditation from Eco Tourism Australia had been achieved.
ECO CERTIFIED ADVANCED ECOTOURISM
Australia's leading and most innovative ecotourism products, providing an opportunity to learn about the environment with an operator who is committed to achieving best practice when using resources wisely, contributing to the conservation of the environment and helping local communities.
CLIMATE ACTION INNOVATOR
Businesses have undertaken a set of adaption and emissions reduction strategies and are auditing and measuring their carbon footprint.
Where Booking Tours means Saving Rainforest
Earn an "Eco-Reward" for every dollar you spend with Tree Hugger Travel.
Eco-rewards are used to fund the purchase of threatened tropical forests worldwide creating nature reserves through our partner the World Land Trust where David Attenborough is it's long standing patron and staunch supporter.
Eco-rewards: 750 is the magic number
Once you have reached 750 eco-rewards ($750 of bookings) Tree Hugger Travel fund the purchase of one thousand square meters of wildlife habitat and you, our customer, will receive a personalised certificate in recognition of the land you have helped to save.
Some tours may have a set number of rewards. For more information check out our "Conservation Projects" page.
Reviews will open in a new tab on the TripAdvisor website.
Please return here to Save Rainforest by Booking Tours.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Certified Scuba Diving Full Gear Options:
- Cert Diver - 1st dive - AU$59
- Cert Diver - 2nd dive - AU$20
- Cert Diver - 3rd dive - AU$15
Certified Scuba Diving - Tanks and Weights only required:
- Cert Diver - 1st dive - AU$49
- Cert Diver - 2nd dive - AU$20
- Cert Diver - 3rd dive - AU$15
Introductory Scuba Diving - no experience necessary:
- Intro Diver - Full Gear 1st dive - AU$79
- Intro Diver - Full Gear 2nd dive - AU$69
- Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages
- Range of quality merchandise
- Professional photos of the day
- $6.50pp Marine Park Fees and Port Authority Levies
- Most additional Dietary Requirements can be catered for - Please ask upon booking
- Itineraries may be subject to change dependant on weather and other circumstances
- Prices are in Australian Dollars (AU$)
- Certified dives include experienced guide and all equipment.
Medical Information for Divers
You will be required to sign a Waiver Release & Indemnity Deed onboard the vessel.
Some medical conditions may prevent you diving. You will be required to complete a waiver and medical statement prior to diving. If you would answer 'Yes' to any of the questions below you will need to consult a doctor and acquire a medical certificate stating that you're 'fit to dive' prior to your dive trip.
- Since completing your last dive medical assessment have you suffered any illness or injury that may affect your ability to dive safely?
- Are you currently suffering any illness or injury?
- Are you currently taking any prescription medication other than the contraceptive pill?
- Is there any other condition, fact or circumstance that may affect your fitness or ability to dive safely?
Flying after diving? We recommend that you do not fly until at least midday the day after your dive trip returns. This will give you 24 hours of surface interval after diving.
- If you cancel at least 2 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 24 hours of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Pre-booked scuba divers that fail the onboard medical questionnaire are NOT entitled to a refund.
- Unless otherwise stated all refunds will incur a 10% administration fee.
Prices / Fare Types / Packages
|Adult||$220 +$6.50 Levy|
|Child (0-14 years)||$164 +$6.50 Levy|
|Including 1x Certified Dive (Full Gear)||$279 +$6.50 Levy|
|Including 2x Certified Dive (Full Gear)||$299 +$6.50 Levy|
|Including 3x Certified Dive (Full Gear)||$314 +$6.50 Levy|
|Including 1x Intro Dive (no experience necessary)||$299 +$6.50 Levy|
Prices/fares (AU$) valid to 31st March 2019
Child Age: 4-14 years (0-3 years free)