Summertime: Snorkel Kayak Relax
Why we Love
Sea kayaking, sailing, exploring the World Heritage Listed Whitsunday Islands, visiting Whitehaven Beach and snorkelling the Great Barrier Reef provide an action packed Summertime Whitsundays adventure.
Summertime Whitsundays has been lovingly restored and immaculately maintained white retaining all of her old world charm, with classic oiled timbres which are combined with the modern convenience of a fully air-conditioned vessel.
Summertime Whitsundays is the only vessel in the region that allows guests to experience guided kayaking safaris on “sit-on-top” kayaks. This allows the Summertime Whitsundays crew guide you on an eco-friendly exploration of hidden inlets and fringing reefs as a group which is a highlight of this cruise.
Your cruise will include the following highlights;
- Small Numbers – only 19 passengers
- Visit Whitehaven Beach & Hill Inlet Look out
- Guided Eco Sea Kayak Safari
- Snorkel Fringing Coral Reefs
- Sleep under the stars
- Fresh Water Spa / Hot Tub on board
- Sea kayak Safari
- Fully air-conditioned
- Modern comforts
- Freshwater Spa / Hot Tub
- Shared Accommodation
- Private Cabin available
- Best Destinations including Whitehaven Beach
- Freshly prepared meals on-board
- Fresh Linen for each guest
- Snorkelling Equipment & Wetsuits
- Marine Park Fees
- National Park Fees
Experience the glorious Whitsundays and explore the best parts of the islands with your Summertime Whitsundays cruise.
Enjoy opportunities to snorkel, kayak, sail and bushwalk to Hill Inlet Lookout for those perfect photographs.
Summertime Whitsundays offers 2-person inflatable kayaks that give you a chance to explore marine park in a whole new way. Paddle your way around the calm coves of crystal clear bays and see the coral and fish from above.
Wash up on Whitehaven Beach in your kayak, explore the 7 kms of silica sands and relax for a while, before kayaking back to the boat for lunch.
Summertime Whitsundays pride themselves on freshly prepared and home made foods.
Departs from Abel Point Marina;
- Tuesday – Friday – Sunday
- Departure Time: 8:30am
- Returns: 3:00 – 4:00pm
Check-in: Passengers are encouraged to check in the day prior to travel between 7am-5pm at our Airlie Beach office.
- Meals & Allergies: Most additional Dietary Requirements can be catered for and some may incur a surcharge – Please ask upon booking
- Every guest is issued with an eco-bag to pack their belongings.
These bags are permitted on board only.
- Luggage Storage is offered at WSA’s check-in office at a one off minimal charge.
- BYO alcoholic drinks is allowed on this vessel
- Available Cabin and Sleeping Arrangements;
– Shared single – single bed in a dorm situation
– Shared double – double bed in a dorm situation
– Private twin – two single beds in a private cabin
– Private double – double bed in a private cabin
- Itineraries may be subject to change dependant on weather and other circumstances
- Prices are in Australian Dollars (AU$)
What to Bring
- BYO drinks on non-licensed vessels (no glass bottles please)
- Beach towel, bathing suit and sunhat
- Practical clothing, footwear & sunscreen (min. 30+)
- If you cancel at least 15 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 14 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Unless otherwise stated all refunds will incur a 10% administration fee
We recommend you purchase Travel Insurance which would cover for such things as Road Closures, flight, bus or tour cancellations.
The following Eco-Accreditation from Eco Tourism Australia had been achieved.
- Eco Certified Ecotourism
Tourism in a natural area that focuses on optimal resources use, leaves minimal impact on the environment and offers interesting ways to learn about the environment with operators that use resources wisely, contribute to conserving the environment and help local communities.
Where Booking Tours means Saving Rainforest
Tree Hugger Travel invest in tree planting and rebuilding biodiversity hotspots around the world by funding land acquisition through World Land Trust projects.
How do we do that?
We fund it with your travel bookings and our eco-rewards loyalty programme.
$100 = 100 Eco-Rewards Points
750 points funds the purchase of 1/4 Acre (1000m²) of Real Rainforest in Real Places.
In recognition, you receive a colourful and informative gift pack by post
This includes a personalised certificate and information about the project you supported.
Head to our Eco Rewards Programme page to find out more.
Get in touch
Please ask our friendly support team as many questions as you need.
It is possible to make reservations with our personal travel managers.
Please contact us for:
You may also like these eco-tours and experiences
Your Bookings Save Rainforest
Earn Eco-Rewards that fund the purchase of biologically important threatened rainforests around the world.
We partner with the World Land Trust to make this happen and you, our customers, will receive a personalised certificate in recognition of the land you have helped to save.