Waltzing Matilda Whitsundays
Relaxing Classic Sail
Why we Love
Waltzing Matilda Whitsundays 2 days and 1 night classic cruise has a reputation for comfort and value, sailing to the highlights of the Whitsunday Islands.
Built in Queensland combining comfort with adventure, this 60ft (16.5m) Roberts Ketch offers a spacious and relaxed atmosphere.
On-board you will find a comfortable saloon area with 8ft (2.4m) of head room, plenty of uncluttered deck area with room to stretch out, comfortable cabins with a choice of private or shared options with no sleeping in common areas and the added bonus of hand basins in most cabins.
Of a night sit back and relax under the Southern Cross while the crew cooks up a lovely evening BBQ meal and then stargaze the night away.
Waltzing Matilda Whitsundays is ideally suited for those travellers that are looking to escape the large crowds. With just 14 passengers and 2 crew, this classic cruise will ensure your visit to the Whitsunday Islands is truly memorable.
Your cruise will include the following highlights;
- Visit Whitsundays Best Destinations
- Whitehaven Beach
- Hill Inlet Lookout
- Classic Sailing
- Snorkel Fringing Island Reefs
- Discover Marine Life
- Island Walks
- Escape large crowds and relax
- Stand up paddle boards
- Spacious deck and shade awnings
- Shared Accommodation
- Private Cabin available
- Best Destinations including Whitehaven Beach
- Freshly prepared meals on-board
- Tea, coffee and tap water
- Fresh Linen for each guest
- Snorkelling Equipment & Wetsuits
- Marine Park Fees
- National Park Fees
With such a small group of only 14 passengers maximum, your skipper has the flexibility to sail wherever he feels you will get the best out of your Waltzing Matilda Whitsundays classic cruise.
You will have several opportunities to snorkel the beautiful fringing reefs of the 74 Whitsunday Islands including famous Blue Pearl Bay and Hook Island. Your crew will be on hand and point out some beautiful underwater must sees. Back on board id the new marine life you have just encountered for the very first time while enjoying some well earned snacks.
As you sail form beautiful location to beautiful location take the helm and try out being skipper for a while. Alternatively sit back and watch the world go by in this perfect paradise.
There is always a visit to one of the worlds best beaches, Whitehaven. Bush walk up to the Hill Inlet lookout and get a real feel for Whitehaven’s perfectness with sweeping elevated views with outstanding photo opportunities.
Departs from Abel Point Marina;
- Saturday – Tuesday – Thursday
- Departure Time: 8:30am
- Returns: 3:00 – 4:00pm
Check-in: Passengers are encouraged to check in the day prior to travel between 7am-5pm at our Airlie Beach office.
- Meals & Allergies: Most additional Dietary Requirements can be catered for and some may incur a surcharge – Please ask upon booking
- Every guest is issued with an eco-bag to pack their belongings.
These bags are permitted on board only.
- Luggage Storage is offered at WSA’s check-in office at a one off minimal charge.
- BYO alcoholic drinks is allowed on this vessel
- Available Cabin and Sleeping Arrangements;
– Shared single – single bed in a dorm situation
– Shared double – double bed in a dorm situation
– Private double – double bed in a private cabin
- Itineraries may be subject to change dependant on weather and other circumstances
- Prices are in Australian Dollars (AU$)
What to Bring
- BYO drinks on non-licensed vessels (no glass bottles please)
- Beach towel, bathing suit and sunhat
- Practical clothing, footwear & sunscreen (min. 30+)
- If you cancel at least 15 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 14 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Unless otherwise stated all refunds will incur a 10% administration fee
We recommend you purchase Travel Insurance which would cover for such things as Road Closures, flight, bus or tour cancellations.
The following Eco-Accreditation from Eco Tourism Australia had been achieved.
- Eco Certified Advanced Ecotourism
Australia’s leading and most innovative ecotourism products, providing an opportunity to learn about the environment with an operator who is committed to achieving best practice when using resources wisely, contributing to the conservation of the environment and helping local communities.
Where Booking Tours means Saving Rainforest
Tree Hugger Travel invest in tree planting and rebuilding biodiversity hotspots around the world by funding land acquisition through World Land Trust projects.
How do we do that?
We fund it with your travel bookings and our eco-rewards loyalty programme.
$100 = 100 Eco-Rewards Points
750 points funds the purchase of 1/4 Acre (1000m²) of Real Rainforest in Real Places.
In recognition, you receive a colourful and informative gift pack by post
This includes a personalised certificate and information about the project you supported.
Head to our Eco Rewards Programme page to find out more.
Get in touch
Please ask our friendly support team as many questions as you need.
It is possible to make reservations with our personal travel managers.
Please contact us for:
You may also like these eco-tours and experiences
Your Bookings Save Rainforest
Earn Eco-Rewards that fund the purchase of biologically important threatened rainforests around the world.
We partner with the World Land Trust to make this happen and you, our customers, will receive a personalised certificate in recognition of the land you have helped to save.