Our Terms & Conditions
If you wish to book a tour with a tour operator using Tree Hugger Travel then You (the Customer) agree that the following terms and conditions shall apply:
By using Treehuggertravel.com.au or any affiliated domain names, you agree to be legally bound by the following Terms and Conditions, which shall take effect immediately. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following Terms & Conditions, please do not access and/or use Treehuggertravel.com.au or any affiliated domain names. In all cases the person making the booking shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions on behalf of all the other person(s) named in the booking and who partake in the booked tour(s).
- Our Service
Tree Hugger Travel through the information on our website aims to publish the most accurate, up-to-date information possible regarding costs, dates and times of the tours listed; this information is bound to change frequently. While Tree Hugger Travel undertakes all efforts to update operator information as they occur this is not always possible as quickly as we would like. We therefore cannot guarantee the accuracy of this material and suggest that you use it as a guide only in making your selection. Tree Hugger Travel is not a Tour Operator and has no responsibility for Tours. Tree Hugger Travel is not able to influence or control a Tour Operator or Tour.
- Tour Operators
We endeavour to book and package tours that will meet your expectations. However, we take no responsibility for any matters that arise with regard to or during individual tours or arrangements with individual Tour Operators. We appreciate your feedback, whether complaints, compliments or suggestions. However, to the extent permitted by law we will not be responsible to you for any loss, expense or damage that you may suffer during any particular tour or travel, no matter the cause. These matters are the responsibility of each individual Tour Operator and you agree that you will not hold us liable in any such circumstance.
- Cancellations, Amendments and Refunds
- Cancellation by you, the Customer — If you are not able to partake in a Tour on the date and time you have booked you should contact the Tour Operator as far prior to this date and time as possible. Tree Hugger Travel refund for a tour is based on the individual tour operator’s Refund and Cancellation policy. The Customer agrees that notwithstanding any cancellation or refund policy of the Tour Operator,
- Cancellation by the Tour Operator (apart from weather) — In some cases a Tour Operator may make alterations to a tour date, price, inclusions, itinerary, minimum numbers, ages etc. Tree Hugger Travel reserves the right to cancel, change, transfer or substitute any tour that you have booked, at any time and for any reason. If you choose not to accept the alternatives offered you will be entitled to a full refund. Notwithstanding the above, if we receive advance notice of a significant change to a tour, we will make a reasonable effort to communicate this to you and to facilitate an amendment of the booking.
- Cancellation because of Weather — If the Tour you have booked is unable to be taken because of weather, it may be rescheduled. You the Customer should make contact with the Tour Operator prior to the date and time of travel using the contact details provided on your booking confirmation to organise this. The Tour Operator will do all possible to reschedule the Tour to a date and time suitable to you the Customer. If the rescheduled date is not suitable you may be entitled to a refund BUT the Customer agrees that notwithstanding any cancellation or refund policy of the Tour Operator.
- Credit Card Fees, Bank Fees and Exchange Rates — In some instances bank fees and exchange rates may mean the amount refunded is different to the amount originally paid for a tour, particularly in instances where a currency exchange is involved. Tree Hugger Travel warrants it has no control over any bank fees or exchange rates and is unable to accept responsibility for any such discrepancies in refunded amounts.
- Deposit Payment Only Bookings
- Where a portion of the Tour price is only paid, (the deposit) the remaining monies (the balance) will be settled in full with the tour operator in person on the day of departure.
- All Deposit Payment Only bookings have a cancellation policy where if the customer (You) cancels between 1 and 6 days of the scheduled departure of the tour, the deposit will not be refunded. Cancellations made from 7 days of the scheduled departure of the tour will receive a full refund of the Deposit paid to Tree Hugger Travel minus any credit card fees, bank charges or exchange rate differences from the original payment.
- If a Deposit Payment Only Booking is cancelled by the Tour Operator then the customer (You) will be entitled to a full refund of the deposit paid to tree Hugger Travel minus any credit card fees, bank charges or exchange rate differences from the original payment.
- In some instances bank fees and exchange rates may mean the amount refunded is different to the amount originally paid for the deposit, particularly in instances where a currency exchange is involved. Tree Hugger Travel warrants it has no control over any bank fees or exchange rates and is unable to accept responsibility for any such discrepancies in refunded amounts.
- Booking Confirmations and Your Responsibilities
- Open Dated Tickets: You must book your travel dates in advance with the individual Tour Operator as per details provided on your voucher.
- Tickets with booked dates: It is your responsibility to ensure you redeem your tickets on the dates booked. If you wish to change these dates you must organise it with the Tour Operator directly, with adequate notice. You must reconfirm all booked dates 48 hours prior to travel (minimum guide only) or in the manner stated on your voucher. If applicable, dietary requirements should also be confirmed at this time.
- Travel Insurance
We endorse the recommendation of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade that all travellers take out travel insurance. It is your personal responsibility to purchase your own travel insurance to cover any liability which may be incurred to us or a Service Provider and other travel misadventures that you wish to be insured against. We recommend that you source travel insurance with a low excess payment, to make claiming on cancelled tours worthwhile.
- Passports and Visas
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have valid passports, visas and re-entry permits which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be your sole responsibility. All travellers must have a valid passport for international travel and many countries require at least 6 months validity from the date of return.