Uluru & Kings Canyon Adventure
The Classic 4x4 Outback Experience
Why we Love a classic Uluru & Kings Canyon Adventure
Enjoy the comfort of your 4WD safari truck and see the best of the Red Centre in minimum time.
On this three day Uluru & Kings Canyon Adventure join an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Guide on a walk around the base of Uluru, wander through the iconic domes of Kata Tjuta, and gaze in awe at the sacred rock at sunset.
Dine under the stars and camp within privately owned sites on the red earth of the outback and hike through natural amphitheatres, rocky chasms and lush oases in Kings Canyon.
Your tour will include the following highlights;
- Explore Australia’s Outback
- Guided Uluru Base Walk
- Aboriginal Guided walk at Uluru
- Uluru sunset drinks
- Uluru Cultural Centre
- Valley of the Winds walk
- Kings Canyon Rim Walk
- Authentic Outback Experience
- 3 Days Fully Guided Tour
- Uluru & Kata Tjuta National Park Entrance
- Uluru Cultural Centre
- Maruku Arts cultural experience
- Kings Canyon Rim Walk
- 2 Breakfast – 3 Lunch – 2 Dinner
Itinerary and Sleeping
Accommodation is at permanent tented camp (shared facilities) with two camping styles available.
Please choose your desired camping style upon booking.
- Basic Camping Option:
Accommodation on this trip consists of swags (Aussie bed roll) that can be used to sleep outdoors or placed underneath a shelter. You will need to bring your own sleeping bag (or pre-purchase one from us) and your own pillow if you wish.
- Original Safari Tent Style Option:
Original camping consists of twin share permanent tents equipped with proper beds, linen, pillows, towels, fan and electricity.
A single supplement is available at Original level – please enquire.
Approximately 70% of the Australian continent is classed as arid or semi-arid – and little old Alice Springs sits right in the middle of it all. Whereas Uluru emerges from the earth as one giant boulder form, Kata Tjuta pops up as 36 different domes – you’ll get to know the site pretty well on an afternoon hike following lunch.
As evening begins, enjoy some tasty snacks as the sun sets over Uluru casting incredible colours. The perfect end to a remarkable day is awaiting you back at camp, as you enjoy a delicious spread of food with your group. If the weather permits, sit outside under the stars.
- Total driving time today is about 4½ hours
- Total walking time approximately 1 hour
An early start this morning is rewarded with an Uluru sunrise. While the morning is fresh enjoy a walk around the base of the rock, gaining insights into the land and the local Mala people on an interpretive cultural walk with an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Guide.
Once you’ve had lunch, perhaps purchase some art and craft of the First Peoples of Australia, at the Uluru Cultural Centre.
Travel onto the exclusive campsite within Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon), where the group will eat and sleep for the night.
- Total driving time today is about 3½ hours
- Total walking time approximately 2-4 hours (the full 8½km base walk)
- You show respect when you choose not to climb Uluru, but walk with Anangu throughout the area and share their stories instead.
- Climbing Uluru will permanently cease on 26th October 2019 and on this date their will be a local celebration in the area.
The centrepiece attraction of Watarrka is undoubtedly Kings Canyon; a humungous gorge enclosed by sheer rock walls hundreds of metres high. Offering a welcome escape from the dry desert heat, this site’s deep gullies and hidden rockpools provide shelter to more than 600 species of native plants and animals. Your guide will point these out on a guided trek that takes in the canyon’s most famous sites – the Lost City, Garden of Eden, Amphitheatre and North and South Walls. Then it’s lunch, rest, and back to Alice for farewells.
- Total driving time today is about 5 hours
- Total walking time approximately 3 hours
- Departs: Alice Springs Daily from 5:45am
- Returns: Alice Springs at 6:00pm (Day 3)
Optional Starting Point in Yulara:
- Pick-up Ayers Rock Resort or Airport at approximately 1:00pm*
- Tour fishes in Alice Springs
*Pick-up times are seasonal and depend on flight schedules
Is this Uluru & Kings Canyon Adventure right for you?
- Accommodation is at permanent tented camp (shared facilities) with two camping styles available.
Please choose the correct desired camping style upon booking.
- Basic Camping Style requires a sleeping bag
- To participate in this trip you must be prepared to assist with preparing meals, cleaning dishes, collecting firewood, setting up and packing up camp every day, in all conditions.
- This trip requires a moderate level of fitness as it involves a lot of walking, allowing you to really get among nature. Please bring sturdy, comfortable walking shoes and comfortable clothing.
- On most days of the trip, you’ll spend several hours driving through very sparse areas of desert. Crank up the tunes and sit back to enjoy landscapes that you would miss in any other form of travel.
- Temperatures in the Red Centre can be extreme. During the day the weather can be very hot (and the Australian sun is very strong) so please bring appropriate clothing, use sun protection and drink plenty of water. In the evenings temperatures really drop, so bring base layers and warm clothing.
Important Tour Information
- Minimum age: 8 years
- Itinerary may change due to cultural reasons, seasonal changes, operational logistics and accessibility.
- Kings Canyon Rim Walk requires you to carry 3 litres of water – please consider bringing a large reusable water container.
- Due to limited space on the vehicle please restrict luggage to one day pack and one soft overnight bag/backpack weighing no more than 15kg.
- Most additional Dietary Requirements can be catered for – Please ask upon booking.
Passengers Joining Tour in Yulara (Ayers Rock Resort)
- We recommend guests arrive on the Jetstar or Virgin Australia flights into Yulara if joining the tour on the same day.
- Clients joining at Ayers Rock airport or resort will do so after lunch and therefore is not included. Please ensure you have had lunch prior to your collection as we will be travelling straight to Uluru Kata Tjuta National Park to start the afternoon’s sightseeing.
- If commencing at Ayers Rock please ensure you have one day pack and a soft overnight bag/backpack with the items you require for the 3 days packed inside as your large luggage will be stored in the vehicle/trailer and will not be accessible during this time.
What to Bring
- Wide brimmed hat, sunscreen, insect repellent
- Sustainable Water bottle/container (at least 1.5 litres)
- Walking shoes/boots,
- Sleeping bag (Hire/Purchase – please enquire)
- Toiletries, swim wear, towel
- Comfortable and casual clothing
- Head Torch and Camera
- If you cancel at least 30 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 25% cancellation fee or deposit will be lost.
- If you cancel between 15-29 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 14 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100% cancellation fee.
- Unless otherwise stated all refunds will incur a 10% administration fee
We recommend you purchase Travel Insurance which would cover for such things as road closures, flight, bus or other travel cancellations that would contribute to you missing the departure of your tour.
Travel Insurance Requirements
Travel insurance is compulsory for all Adventure Tours Australia trips. It is required that, at a minimum, you are covered for medical expenses including emergency repatriation.
When travelling on a trip, you won’t be permitted to join the group until evidence of travel insurance and the insurance company’s 24 hour emergency contact number has been seen by your leader.
If you have credit card insurance your group leader will require details of the participating insurer/underwriter, the level of coverage, policy number and emergency contact number rather than the bank’s name and credit card details. Please contact your bank for these details prior to arriving in-country.
The following Eco-Accreditation from Eco Tourism Australia had been achieved.
- Climate Action Business
- Respect Our Culture (ROC)
The Respecting Our Culture (ROC) program encourages the tourism industry to operate in ways that respect and reinforce Indigenous cultural heritage and the living cultures of Indigenous communities.
ROC certified tourism operators are committed to protecting cultural authenticity and integrity, developing sound business practices, environmental protection and acknowledging Indigenous peoples spiritual connection to the land and water.
Certified B Corporations
The Intrepid Group (Adventure Tours) has achieved B-Corp accreditation.
Certified B Corporations are businesses that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose. B Corps are accelerating a global culture shift to redefine success in business and build a more inclusive and sustainable economy.
Society’s most challenging problems cannot be solved by government and nonprofits alone. The B Corp community works toward reduced inequality, lower levels of poverty, a healthier environment, stronger communities, and the creation of more high quality jobs with dignity and purpose. By harnessing the power of business, B Corps use profits and growth as a means to a greater end: positive impact for their employees, communities, and the environment.
Learn more about B Corporations here.
Where Booking Tours means Saving Rainforest
Tree Hugger Travel invest in rebuilding biodiversity hotspots around the world by funding land acquisition through the highly respected World Land Trust and their projects.
How Do We Do That ?
We fund it with Your travel bookings and our eco-rewards programme.
- Every dollar earns an eco-reward
- For example: Spend $100 ⇢ Earn 100 eco-rewards
- Reaching 750 eco-rewards will enable us to fund the permanent protection of 1/4 Acre of Real Rainforest in Real Places.
- Continue earning and every 750 eco-rewards Tree Hugger Travel will continue protecting.
☆ Recognising Your Contribution ☆
You made this happen and in recognition, You will receive a colourful and informative gift pack by post.
This includes a personalised certificate, information about the project you supported and a letter from World Land Trust thanking you for Your support.
More information? Head to our Eco Rewards Programme page.
BOOK TOURS HERE ♡ PAY NO MORE ♡ SAVE RAINFOREST & WILDLIFE
Basic Camping Style
Original Safari Tent Style
Get in touch
Please ask our friendly support team as many questions as you need.
It is possible to make reservations with our personal travel managers.
Please contact us for:
You may also like these eco-tours and experiences
Your Bookings Save Rainforest
Earn Eco-Rewards that fund the purchase of biologically important threatened rainforests around the world.
We partner with the World Land Trust to make this happen and you, our customers, will receive a personalised certificate in recognition of the land you have helped to save.